How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyhenrich

Jan 23, 2020
There is something to this all, started in China during new year, started in Italy during Lint, started in Iran during Ramadan and started here during spring break. All major mass migrations of people to better propagate the spread over entire countries from one event. Seems a little strange...

You are right on. Without the big events the virus would not have spread so quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Let's start a list of fun things to do online to practice safe social distancing.

Today's fun game, fruck with the virtual assistants "Bots" at PayPal credit. Call it dirty names, ask it anything totally unrelated to "how do I make a payment" and you'll get one response.

AI gonna take over? This thing is dumber than the IRC bots we played with back in 1995... lol

82d7d25ca0b84c30595fdfc7af138c15.jpg
74e3c5485f13c43e327948e7caa8a05d.jpg
6392492041931446e075127711684543.jpg

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
It's funny how they even put up a photo of someone trying to make it look more authentic. It's like the bots you speak to when calling large corporations, banks, etc where they put in those fake typing sounds when taking your information or searching. Makes me laugh every time :spit:

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Again, I'm very fortunate to have a good job during this chit. I'm getting a differential pay for the days I work and regular pay when I stay at home.
I went out and saw my 86 yr old mother today. I stayed on her patio furniture as she talked to me through the french door screens. I then went to the store to get her some things. It was nice but a very different way of connecting today. Stay safe everyone.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Dropped my heads at the machine shop today. It was funny to see a bunch of filthy machinist wearing masks.

There are 150 guys on my job site. Not a mask in site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Baby boomers be like...

"I want to live so I can spend my money before my kids get it"...:roflmao:

You should see it around the beach, it's halarious how weird they are getting...

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Dropped my heads at the machine shop today. It was funny to see a bunch of filthy machinist wearing masks.

There are 150 guys on my job site. Not a mask in site.

No mask at our shop either. Unless you are in the grinding shop, then it’s always required.

Still not a whole out of change for us, other than our customers stripping every bit of inventory we have. Hope it stays good. I know a lot of folks are hurting bad right now, hope this shit blows over very soon.

Wolf

AthenaLMM

Swiss Army Wife
Jan 29, 2020
Mesa, AZ
Baby boomers be like...

"I want to live so I can spend my money before my kids get it"...:roflmao:

You should see it around the beach, it's halarious how weird they are getting...

Are we talking scarred for life? Maybe I don’t wanna see it. lol

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Its funny, but sad/scary at the same time. Until a disease comes along that kills you in your tracks (or shortly after getting it), I'll take my chances.....

Well, UPS has decided we need to wear masks while at the center. :confused: I told my boss that I now plan to walk in, get my scanner and paperwork, and go back out to my car until start time, then walk to my truck outside. To heck with this "hair on fire" crap.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
I'm loving not having to drive in traffic right now. I've been driving 42 miles each way to the school I've been testing for the last 3 days. It's nice getting home in 50 minutes versus 1-1/2 hrs. to 1-3/4 hrs. Stay safe everyone.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I'm loving not having to drive in traffic right now. I've been driving 42 miles each way to the school I've been testing for the last 3 days. It's nice getting home in 50 minutes versus 1-1/2 hrs. to 1-3/4 hrs. Stay safe everyone.
You got that right!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Its funny, but sad/scary at the same time. Until a disease comes along that kills you in your tracks (or shortly after getting it), I'll take my chances.....

Well, UPS has decided we need to wear masks while at the center. :confused: I told my boss that I now plan to walk in, get my scanner and paperwork, and go back out to my car until start time, then walk to my truck outside. To heck with this "hair on fire" crap.

I'm surprised they're not doing curbside delivery for you :roflmao:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Everything was running fine on our job sites, bunch of construction workers acting like they are above all, until one of our in house surveyors got it, had a fever for a week, currently in the hospital on ventilator with oxygen levels in the mid 70's. 54yr old. Another surveyor that he was around had a fever a week later, young guy in good health, I had direct contact with him before his fever set in, my wife has Asma, have a 10 week old little girl, and a 2 yr old little girl. I'm staying home for a while. No symptoms or anything from me or the fam, the dollars aren't worth it to me though. One of my operators mother in law's died from it last Friday, one of our on-site trucking companies mechanics has tested positive. Shot is spreading around here pretty quick. Southern Indiana area.

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
we had 11 fdny engine company in south queens doing CPR at the same time yesterday. FEMA has sent 250 ambulances and that barely put a dent in the call volume. My county is testing illegal immigrants for free, I still haven't been tested and I've been exposed multiple times. I really would like to know if I have the antibodies, i have good plasma. My response area is a bubble right now, all around us is a warzone.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, things in Michigan just got reeeeaal interesting. IMO, the governor just overstepped her bounds.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...itmers-expanded-coronavirus-order/5125426002/

LANSING — After Friday, Michigan residents will no longer be able to jump in the car — or cross the street — to visit friends and relatives inside the state, or to go to the cottage Up North, with limited exceptions.
That is one of the major changes in Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's "stay home" order, issued Thursday, which also extends the expiration of the order to May 1.
<aside itemprop="associatedMedia" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/ImageObject" class="wide single-photo">

</aside>
Until now, travel between two Michigan residences has been permitted.
Beginning Saturday morning, that will end, except for purposes such as caring for a relative, an elderly friend, or a pet, visiting a nursing home or similar facility, attending a funeral with no more than 10 people, or complying with a court order related to child custody.
“All public and private gatherings of any size are prohibited," Whitmer said at a news conference. "People can still leave the house for outdoor activities," and outdoor "recreational activities are still permitted as long as they’re taking place outside of six feet from anyone else.”

People will still be able to travel to other residences outside the state, but not to cottages or vacation rentals inside the state, the order says.
Terressa Carson, a resident of southeastern Clare County, north of Mt. Pleasant, said she likes the fact that the order would prohibit people from metro Detroit, where the virus is infecting people in large numbers, to stay at cottages in her area, where there are few cases.
"Our hospitals are ill-equipped to handle a surge," Carson said.
However, Carson is angry over the closure of nurseries and garden centers. She said it is time for her to plant her peas, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots — food that she and her family will eat all winter. She can't plant if those outlets are closed, she said.
"These businesses are essential — to us," Carson said.
The new order creates a few oddities. For example, it is still OK to travel north to visit a state park, but not to go to a cottage or home, Whitmer spokeswoman Tiffany Brown confirmed.
Brown did not respond to a question about how some aspects of the travel restrictions will be enforced. Violating the order can bring a civil fine of up to $1,000.
Whitmer said at the news conference that strict measures are needed for another three weeks as the state attempts to control the spread of the coronavirus.
Michigan is facing two crises — one related to public health, and one economic, she said.
"If we don't get the health crisis under control, the economic crisis will go on and on," said.

Status
Not open for further replies.