How to unlock the anti theft security?

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
So you think my ecm is fried? I read the link to DP. I have one of Tonys moonshine ECMs in my truck rite now. I dont want to mess it up, i just want to unlock the security option. The dash is showing a pic of the truck with a lock thru it.

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Newly, it might need to be reflashed at the dealer. That happend to my dad's 05 and it needed to be reflashed to fix it. The emergency re-learn got my dad's truck restarted and to the dealer, but not mine, my ECM needed to be replaced...

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
So you think my ecm is fried? I read the link to DP. I have one of Tonys moonshine ECMs in my truck rite now. I dont want to mess it up, i just want to unlock the security option. The dash is showing a pic of the truck with a lock thru it.

As far as I know it won't hurt tune.

That is how people can sell TTS extremes :D

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Ok, thanks guys. Im counting down the 11 mins rite now so ill let you kno in 33 mins if it starts.

I have another ECM for my truck that is unlocked but it 50 mi away. The RR ECM in it now is locked... MMLMM just informed me i cant do anything with EFI to fix it since its locked.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Newly thats not your problem.

If it was a security issue the truck would still crank. It just would not fire.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
someone elswe might know if you can access anything via efilive with a locked ecm. i didnt think you could. also not sure if disabling the vats will even help.

also newly said if he jumps the starter it will run normal with no security light....

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Newly thats not your problem.

If it was a security issue the truck would still crank. It just would not fire.

Yea, your rite. Tony just pointed that out to me. I tried it anyways and it didnt work.......:mad: Why would my truck run fine, shift fine when i jump the starter?? It just wont start and turn signals + few instruments dont work.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Did you check ALL your fuses with a test lamp (not visually)?

Also check the pins on the Bale Connectors for pushed-in, bent, or corrosion.

Yes, the VATS will let the truck crank for a few seconds then stop.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Did you check ALL your fuses with a test lamp (not visually)?

Also check the pins on the Bale Connectors for pushed-in, bent, or corrosion.

Yes, the VATS will let the truck crank for a few seconds then stop.

I used a test light to check all the fuses. All the pins seem to be fine. I left my truck at my parents house for 2 1/2 months. They started it every week and let it warm up. When i got home i cycled the glow plgs 3 times then started it up just fine and let it run/high idle for 1-2 hours (its 19* here) so it could warm up. After i shut it off, BAM!!! it wont start now.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Im gonna eat dinner and head down to Farmington (50mi)to get my other ECM. Ill replace that tonight and clean the ECM pins. Im lost with this think and getting :mad: