Question: how many are running just one battery?

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Just like it says...how many are running just one big battery instead of two? After skimming through some threads it would be nice to use the spot on the driverside to mount some other things to. I have everything jammed in under the hood and i dont like the bracket flex-a-lite gives you with the fans to mount TCM. Its ugly and not very rigid. Whats this biggest battery you can squeeze on the pass side? or is there a better place to put the pass side battery? i dont want it in the bed...When i had my old dragtruck i ran a 1000 CA delco battery. i think are stock ones in our trucks are 700??

Last edited:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
u can get the under bed miltary mount like wht all the twin guys use or at least nathan does with his kits. its a gm part as well

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Ok does this mount both batteries under the bed or just one? Also how cold? im in maryland so theres times its below freezing for alittle bit.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
IMO below 40 degrees its hard on the engine to start with only one battery. This is just what I have seen on my own truck.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I run one battery
Small dimensions, light wieght and big cranking amps:D

I use 1 awg welding cable for the connection to the starter and then factory from there on

mounting underneath in a cold enviroment might not work to well, unless you use a battery blanket

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
i was looking on summit and they sell really nice sealed battery boxes but i dont want to put the batteries in the bed...I was just wondering if it was possible. If its that much of a hassle to delete/move a battery then piss on it i will work around it....

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I run one battery

I use 1 awg welding cable for the connection to the starter and then factory from there on

mounting underneath in a cold enviroment might not work to well, unless you use a battery blanket

Whysat??

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I run one battery

what battery are you running?