Help with the truck that no one can tune

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
No changes were made to the software. Only the tuner could comment on his tuning methods....I should also add that this tuner was one of the tuners who tuned the OP truck too, so I doubt it's a difference in tuning strategy.

Cheers
Cindy

Mrs. Cindy , wasn't the chargers also different in this case aswell though ??

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Sheezus. 21 pages worth of a 5 page thread. Some peoples kids. Also, in to see the updates. Will be watching for the findings.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
In my testing it's not tuning changes that are making the difference. It's hardware. I'm still testing and have two trouble trucks that will test further this weekend. I'm not 100% sure at this time though. Hopefully soon. I had two almost identical trucks with same mods, year, and OS that one guy has. Same exact tuning in both. One runs perfectly, one codes. Makes for good testing. This is not an efi problem, can they find the limp and code data? maybe but I'll not say as I'm ignorant to the background noise of programming. EFI has worked with a lot of us to fix issues, I commend them for it.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
It cant be just hardware? The cheetah is say opened up more (just for argument sakes) so we try and get boost faster with it but we cant control the code? That's in the ecm is it not? We cant really just say cheetah turbos need taken off for 4094's??? Now ill still wait for your testing and hopefully we have a good and we get a good end result for everyone! Goodluck rob! :hug::thumb:

Last edited:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
It cant be just hardware? The cheetah is say opened up more (just for argument sakes) so we try and get boost faster with it but we cant control the code? That's in the ecm is it not? We cant really just say cheetah turbos need taken off for 4094's??? Now ill still wait for your testing and hopefully we have a good and we get a good end result for everyone! Goodluck rob! :hug::thumb:

I was fortunate to have a locat 4094/S475 come by last week, his 4094 is not a standard 4094 but a Danville modified one, I do not know what was modified besides the Billet Wheel, but it worked very well.

No Codes and spooled amazing !!!!

A standard VVT4094 still gives problems as well as the Cheetah.

Ross has put forth a lot of time as well as I and I am sure has Rob.

You guys are free to take the information Rob and Ross and I have provided and make your own decisions.

;)

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I was fortunate to have a locat 4094/S475 come by last week, his 4094 is not a standard 4094 but a Danville modified one, I do not know what was modified besides the Billet Wheel, but it worked very well.

No Codes and spooled amazing !!!!

A standard VVT4094 still gives problems as well as the Cheetah.

Ross has put forth a lot of time as well as I and I am sure has Rob.

You guys are free to take the information Rob and Ross and I have provided and make your own decisions.

;)

Just my .02$ but I am seeing the same thing as you guys here. It's a hard part combo that's showing its ugly head. Yes, there are tables for the turbo control that we don't have available to us but parts combo is what brought this to the surface. My billet wheel helps "cover it up" and the exhaust side upgrades make a big difference in spool time. I have yet to see one code with my billet stg2 charger on it.

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
Just my .02$ but I am seeing the same thing as you guys here. It's a hard part combo that's showing its ugly head. Yes, there are tables for the turbo control that we don't have available to us but parts combo is what brought this to the surface. My billet wheel helps "cover it up" and the exhaust side upgrades make a big difference in spool time. I have yet to see one code with my billet stg2 charger on it.

Mark , for us guys that have made the mistake of buying a regular 4094vvt , can we send in our charger and have it upgraded to your specs ??

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
or maybe Brayden may have some way to fix the existing cheetahs out there in this configuration? Seems like a better option than having to junk a $3k charger just to buy another

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I have had a 4094 AVNT tuned by Rob for a year now with zero underboost codes. I talked to him about this thread the other day and all I have to say it get rid of the intake air control valve bc mine is gone and I have never thrown a single code or gone into reduced power with the delete. Before I deleted the IAV mine did it 3 times, that was a year ago. And my boost peaks at 42 and settles out at 39 at sea level. I also have expirence with the billet wheeled version from Mark and if I could do it again I would get one of Marks. JM2cents...

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
The OP's truck had the IAV and the IAH deleted........so unfortunately that is not it.

:thumb:

He also had a Cheetah, and some others have the standard 4094 and run "OK", but some are just impossible to get to run without codes with either the Cheetah or 4094.

That is what makes this so frustrating !!!!!!!

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Gotcha Tony, sorry about that. Somehow I missed that in the 22 pages of reading. Mine is an early 08 are the issues with all model years?