Help! At the end of my rope

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
The OP claimed that he flashed stock files in and the problem still presented itself.
To be honest, I missed that post. If the issue is still there with both stock files in, it pretty much has to be hardware related.

have you tried out my automatic defuel calculator? I uploaded it to the V3 timing thread but that one is pretty fat now and hard to find amongst all the other posts. but I have it in this thread too

I forget which one or version it was that I first saw. I'd have to check my other computer. I remember having to basically guess and check the values in a couple of tables until an output table was 0 or close to it. Something like that. It was around that time that I realized what was going on, and with some Excel voodoo, was able to automatically calculate those out.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
To be honest, I missed that post. If the issue is still there with both stock files in, it pretty much has to be hardware related.

I forget which one or version it was that I first saw. I'd have to check my other computer. I remember having to basically guess and check the values in a couple of tables until an output table was 0 or close to it. Something like that. It was around that time that I realized what was going on, and with some Excel voodoo, was able to automatically calculate those out.
yeah mine automatically calculates them out too

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved the TCM/ECM defuel posts to their own thread, as per request:

If other posts in this thread need to be moved there, please let me know.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I'll go out on a limb and say I would bet money that it is a transmission problem causing a rough shift and not an electrical or calibration issue.
There’s another shop in lower WI (Top Gear Performance if I recall correctly) who just did a customers trans because a 2 week wait was too long. Long story short, the customer told me what was in it and it’s not at all right (luckily his is an LBZ so there was no full transgo to muck up).

DarylF

Sep 17, 2022
Update:
The OP stated the stock tune was put back in, he didn't specify if it was just the TCM or the ECM as well. The post in question is #9. It is certainly possible that the ECM was not touched.

@DarylF, was the ECM returned to stock as well or just the TCM?
Just the ECM, not Dan's TCM