Happy to be here D-Max Brothers

Lost0187

Mar 3, 2023
North Ga
I’m new to the forum but not to the diesel world I’m happy to be amongst people who share my love for the Duramax and its capabilities. My little brother’s truck is a 2002 Crew cab 2500 HD 6.6 DSL and he has had 2 of the same year. The truck is truly one of a kind we have done a lot to her including a 2005 Escalade platinum interior and complete harness on top of a Kona brown seat theme like the new Silverado trucks. We both love the simplicity of the LB7 and the truck really wakes up once you flash a custom calibration file.

My family has always been all about GM trucks and I have the privilege of having an Uncle who was a GM master Tech for 40 years of his life training me on the Duramax platform. He has a 2015 lml and it’s a great truck as well. Me I’m a ford guy but love all American trucks.

I hope I can post info that helps everyone here and I hope I can learn some new stuff along the way.

Attachments

• IMG_3432.jpeg
    IMG_3432.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: malibu795

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Welcome. We always appreciate having knowledgeable people contributing to the forum

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Shoot...how many of us GMC guys added the Denali parts back in the day. (Guilty as charged)

Welcome. I think you're the first person who's ever said, "The LB7 is easy to work on" in an intro post. :LOL:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Oh heck, Adam....throw in a set of SAC injectors and honestly not worry about it again....or at least for a very long time.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Oh heck, Adam....throw in a set of SAC injectors and honestly not worry about it again....or at least for a very long time.
Never had a problem with the tips, cracked multiple bodies and filled crank case with diesel and crack #4 main web. Never been much of a fan since.
Add 5sp basically needs built for anything other that stock HP..
IDK if you can swap LBZ/LMM 6sp into the 5sp electrical wise..

I know you can LLY/LBZ retro swap them.