(graphic) Cops shoot Dog (graphic)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
A little more background:

A Southern California police officer fatally shot a Rottweiler that lunged at officers arresting its master.
The Torrance Daily Breeze (http://bit.ly/14KWfPB ) says the videotaped shooting occurred Sunday after police surrounded a home where a gunman reportedly robbed two people.
Police arrested a bystander they say refused to turn down blaring car music during the incident. A cellphone video, posted on YouTube, shows the dog leaping out of the car window and lunging at officers who handcuffed its master. It's shot four times.
Leon Rosby spent the night in jail on suspicion of obstructing officers.
Rosby, who has a criminal history and a current lawsuit against police, say they needlessly killed his dog. His lawyer, Michael Gulden, says the incident will be added to the lawsuit.
Police are investigating the shooting.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/0...g-dog-who-lunged-during-master/#ixzz2Y0T97hFl

This happened during an armed stand-off.

The dog owner already has a pending lawsuit against the PD and a rap sheet. ie - He might have prodding a negative response from the PD.

Rudely

Jun 21, 2011
NC
That was brutal watching that dog get gunned down like that!
I understand the cops reaction when thinking he was going to be attacked.......I just don't get why the guy was being arrested though.
It sure doesn't seem that he did anything to be arrested for.
Talking a little trash....is that all it takes?

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
That was brutal watching that dog get gunned down like that!
I understand the cops reaction when thinking he was going to be attacked.......I just don't get why the guy was being arrested though.
It sure doesn't seem that he did anything to be arrested for.
Talking a little trash....is that all it takes?

That and the loud music all while the cops are at a armed standoff. You'll notice the others simply videotaping didn't get hassled. If the police instruct you to turn down your music, you do so.

chevytuf01

Dirty Deeds
Jul 2, 2010
Rileyville Virginia
Im not sayin the cop made the right call by shooting the dog .. BUT seriously if it one thing i hate is seein something suffer ... the cop should have atleast shot to kill or shot it again not let it lay there and flop around .. COPS NEED TO LEARN TO TAKE CARE OF MORE SERIOUS MATTERS THAN SOME ONE TALKING SHIT :angry4::cussing:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I am an animal lover and feel sorry for the dog but as a utility worker that has been bit more then a few times all I can say is you do what you have to do in the situation.Any keyboard jockey that wasn't there can say all they want but until your face to face and in the situation you can't say.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I would have shot the dog, shot the guy for being an azzhat, and then shot the radio all to hell till it died. But I hate people that have nothing better to do than harrass the police while doing their job :thumb:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It looks like the officers on the left had people sitting on the curb in front of them. Probably arrested and cuffed, and they were monitoring them.

The house was breached while the guy was blaring his radio. What a dick. He could see what was happening and still did not turn it down. Once the house was breached the camera person was filming just dog owner carefully.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
This whole thread is going to be he said she said and matter of your own opinion... Reguardless it is a cruel video to watch of a dog being gunned down like that and prob could of been a better route around what happened... My honest opinion you always have your good cops and your bad cops... Most of them in my eyes if they have a badge think they are far better then anyone that stands in front of them and like to show there a** whenever they can just cause they have a badge and a gun...

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
I kinda see two things going on here.

1. The guy with the dog. Probably wrong, maybe he should have been treated that way? Who knows. Lack of evidence to say from video.

2. The cops handling the dog situation, definitely wrong! They had several quick options, one which included, just letting the guy put the dog up again.

X2.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
I would have shot the dog, shot the guy for being an azzhat, and then shot the radio all to hell till it died. But I hate people that have nothing better to do than harrass the police while doing their job :thumb:

Right on the nose brother! A-hole owner leads to an a-hole dog! Its one of those things where all those people are videoing to be the 5 o-clock news hero's and get their 5mins of fame! Cops doing his job, get in ur house or leave the area, and mind your own F-ing business. :thumb:

LMM

Barn Burner
Jan 13, 2013
Athens, Ga
Growing up ive been around nothing but pit bulls and have helped my dad train australian and german sheperds. With that being said i have broken up numerous fights between pits and dogs in general. I just feel like you can man handle a dog, beside pepper spray and all the other possible ways to go about it, shooting was not necessary, period.

if you are scared of a dog...Me personally, DO NOT want you protecting me. I can only begin to imagine how scared you would be with a gun pointed at you.

Edit: However, i did learn a few things reading through y'alls comments that i did not notice about the video first off. Like the fact that the guy had his music obnoxiously loud and his windows was down.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Growing up ive been around nothing but pit bulls and have helped my dad train australian and german sheperds. With that being said i have broken up numerous fights between pits and dogs in general. I just feel like you can man handle a dog, beside pepper spray and all the other possible ways to go about it, shooting was not necessary, period.

if you are scared of a dog...Me personally, DO NOT want you protecting me. I can only begin to imagine how scared you would be with a gun pointed at you.

Edit: However, i did learn a few things reading through y'alls comments that i did not notice about the video first off. Like the fact that the guy had his music obnoxiously loud and his windows was down.

And if you are afraid of a transmission; I personaly don't want to working on mine.

You may be good with dogs but I'm not. I will shoot the bastard every time.:thumb:

Rudely

Jun 21, 2011
NC
I agree with that. I am very hard of hearing and can barely make out what is said.........other than the loud music....which I believe would be interfering with the situation.

McRat- I see where you are going with JUST the dog and owner being taped. I can see this as being set-up so he could claim racism/harrassment.

That and the loud music all while the cops are at a armed standoff. You'll notice the others simply videotaping didn't get hassled. If the police instruct you to turn down your music, you do so.

LMM

Barn Burner
Jan 13, 2013
Athens, Ga
I agree with that. I am very hard of hearing and can barely make out what is said.........other than the loud music....which I believe would be interfering with the situation.

McRat- I see where you are going with JUST the dog and owner being taped. I can see this as being set-up so he could claim racism/harrassment.

wow. Now that i think about it. He does just immediately surrender and walk over to them. Perks of being young i guess, you interpret things differently.

Edit: Perks isnt the correct word to use. More like a downfall to being young lol.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Now, the question is ...

Is the radio blaring to deliberately blur the dialogue on the video? I don't think wanted his dog shot, but I do think he wanted to be arrested for whatever reason.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Now, the question is ...

Is the radio blaring to deliberately blur the dialogue on the video? I don't think wanted his dog shot, but I do think he wanted to be arrested for whatever reason.

ThAt is why he shoved the dog in the car real quick thinking the dog would be ok.The more I think about it it really does seam like a set up.