Going for 9s? In the zf?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Very cool.

Boy, are you all following that other dude with the "original" fastest manual diesel truck?! "dmaxpini" maybe on other SM platforms. He's gone all out with a fiberglass front clip, etc. It sure looks fast just sitting! :woott: Anxious to see what he accomplishes when he's back up and running again as well.

Are you referring to the truck Dustin is building?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I can't remember the owners name, I just saw it at his shop. Had fiberglass hood and door skins... :woott:

It's Ryan Pini's truck from Oregon. Unfortunately the trany broke again last week at the hit so I think he is going to hang it up with the ZF6 and put a Turbo400 or similar setup in it cause he just wants to go fast now. Wanted the 9sec ZF6 pass but trany's aren't liking the new found power so he's probably going to be done with that part now.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
It's Ryan Pini's truck from Oregon. Unfortunately the trany broke again last week at the hit so I think he is going to hang it up with the ZF6 and put a Turbo400 or similar setup in it cause he just wants to go fast now. Wanted the 9sec ZF6 pass but trany's aren't liking the new found power so he's probably going to be done with that part now.

Actually sucks to hear there's only a handful of stick guys left

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

That is a cool project. Sucks he keeps breaking zf's...

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Well it's a new year, last year we took a chance with a 525,000 mile block with a few goodies and hoped everything went well just to break the 6th gear shift fork. Upon fixing the fork I found a few worn parts in the trans that were soon to cause issues so we addressed that and are going to reinstall the trans tomorrow. With the new clutch even with some worn parts in the trans it shifted amazing. I feel like we got the drivetrain working together finally and with some suspension tweaks we will be able to do something with our trap speed finally.:thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
picture.php

Things are serious.:woott:

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
1.31 4th gear launch ? Yikes , that will be interesting to see if it falls on it’s face or if it motivates on out of there . I know on my truck I was having issues with my brakes holding and not being able to get up on boost , when I would cut it loose and floor it it was falling on it’s face . Up on boost its motors on out of there in 2nd gear . What does your truck weigh now ?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
1.31 4th gear launch ? Yikes , that will be interesting to see if it falls on it’s face or if it motivates on out of there . I know on my truck I was having issues with my brakes holding and not being able to get up on boost , when I would cut it loose and floor it it was falling on it’s face . Up on boost its motors on out of there in 2nd gear . What does your truck weigh now ?

Still probably around 47 to 4800 pounds still on 29"hoosiers.
My 4th gear is really like 3rd, but I will still only have to shift 2 times after I launch. I have a hand brake setup just on the rear brakes and have boosted it to 45 pounds on the line with no issue. I can ride the clutch at any rpm to get the boost where I want, but can feather the clutch where it needs to be to not push through the brakes. Problem last time is the clutch didn't like it even launching 3rd. I did run one of my two 10 second passes on that run through still shifting 3 times after the launch. New clutch should love boosted launches though.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I can leave the line in "3rd" or actually 2nd now as long as I have about 12 to 13 psi which just holding the rev limiter will do. This year with valve springs I'm making about 18psi in the same situation as I was making 13psi last year.