Going for 9s? In the zf?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
just do what trent did years ago, use a router to get in there and do them :roflmao:. ok, he didnt do that for valve reliefs but did for delipping the pistons and it actually worked out

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
just do what trent did years ago, use a router to get in there and do them :roflmao:. ok, he didnt do that for valve reliefs but did for delipping the pistons and it actually worked out

I thought the same

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I know there was chatter of Trent getting in over his head with the EPD thing but has anyone ever stayed in touch with him? I just the ol boy is doing alright in general.

His truck build thread is still one I have saved. :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I know there was chatter of Trent getting in over his head with the EPD thing but has anyone ever stayed in touch with him? I just the ol boy is doing alright in general.

i actually got back in touch with him via FB not too long ago. he works for industrial injection now as their fabrication guy on engine parts. Think he does other stuff for them as well. Still has his old black truck and was dusting it off to work on it again.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal

I talked to his brother probably two years ago. He’s doing fine. Family is good. Pretty much all I got out of him.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
i actually got back in touch with him via FB not too long ago. he works for industrial injection now as their fabrication guy on engine parts. Think he does other stuff for them as well. Still has his old black truck and was dusting it off to work on it again.

That's awesome. I hope he's well and would love to see his old truck back out on the track! :woott:

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal

Treed :roflmao:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo

Yeah probably have jake do them on the lathe lol. If it works it's not dumb. It's crazy some of the original info filled threads on here. I've been on Facebook due to crap service. This forum is always a breath of fresh air compared to fb.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
So Jake delipped the 525,000 mile pistons, keyed the crank and cam, threw in some lbz rods we had laying around heads have wagler performance valve springs and aftermarket pushrods, and Jake also whipped up a hybrid lbz water pump for the old girl since my welded one had no weld left. It all chipped off yet didn't walk the gear. I have a rebuilt and changed up clutch from Dan at valair which should work better for the application. Engine is balanced we were waiting on heads to return. Also threw in some arp main studs. If we don't get to run it in Missouri due to the cold were gonna take it somewhere warm. Should be going back together soon!

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Yeah thanks guys, got a few other small things planned for the winter. She's been sitting down we want a few passes on it then might change a few things to go fast

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Very cool.

Boy, are you all following that other dude with the "original" fastest manual diesel truck?! "dmaxpini" maybe on other SM platforms. He's gone all out with a fiberglass front clip, etc. It sure looks fast just sitting! :woott: Anxious to see what he accomplishes when he's back up and running again as well.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Very cool.

Boy, are you all following that other dude with the "original" fastest manual diesel truck?! "dmaxpini" maybe on other SM platforms. He's gone all out with a fiberglass front clip, etc. It sure looks fast just sitting! :woott: Anxious to see what he accomplishes when he's back up and running again as well.
Yeah mark tunes his truck and we have the same trans work done. Mine is on a way tighter budget. He actually is taking it back out this weekend to try to get a solid pass out of his new setup. He's at a 10.67 I've done 10.91. If he can keep his together he will be very hard to beat. But just being one of the 2 trucks in the 10s is good enough for me. We're just going for 9s here on a poor but wise man's budget. We're like the guy from worlds fastest Indian over here lol

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Don't think 9s is on the docket this year but we still plan to hit this record attempt Friday. Engine is in and running smoothly. Gotta throw the front clip back on and do some test hits and hope for good weather.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I think your going to surprise yourself my friend. No luck needed, things on a budget always seem to impress :)

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Thanks guys took today off for Halloween stuff but we will get her front end back on tomorrow and go play in the dark in Mexico of all goes well