Info: GM to bring back diesel powered car!!!!!

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
it also looks it is 34mpg combined for an automatic so with a stick its going to do better . If any body wants to do the math the auto in australia gets around 6.8l per 100km and the stick gets 5.7l per 100km. I guess that the testing in Australia would be all on flat ground ?

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
it also looks it is 34mpg combined for an automatic so with a stick its going to do better . If any body wants to do the math the auto in australia gets around 6.8l per 100km and the stick gets 5.7l per 100km. I guess that the testing in Australia would be all on flat ground ?

6.8L/100km = 34.591 MPG
5.7L/100km = 41.267 MPG

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
The diesel cruze is 100% going to be made at the lorsdtown ohio plant!!! My whole family works at the plant and i live 2 miles from the plant. Everyone that works there says it is a for sure deal for the 2012 models will have diesel as a option. And yes it would be insane if it was efi supported!

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
^^^. That's good to know. At least they're keeping jobs here in the good ole USA

Sent from My iPhone

Agreed! Especially since most of the Volt is built in China. Yet Nissan can build the Leaf in Tennessee. Still trying to understand that one?

On the DroidX

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
I agree I was hoping for more then 34mpg even combined, I bought my girlfriend a 2010 jetta last year it gets about 36 combined. Guess I was just hoping GM would be coming out trying to trump the competition like usual.

I will say I would never own a VW without warranty though. That is why I had high hopes for the diesel Cruze

DMAX403

Sep 22, 2010
Mackay, Qld, Australia
My brothers missus has the diesel holden cruze and on the highway he gets about 5 - 5.5 l/100 km and our highways are far from flat. I was trying to convince my wife that we should get one but she wants to keep her v8 ssv commodore.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
My brothers missus has the diesel holden cruze and on the highway he gets about 5 - 5.5 l/100 km and our highways are far from flat. I was trying to convince my wife that we should get one but she wants to keep her v8 ssv commodore.
According to my math, that's around 45 mpg.

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Don't own a VW without a warranty!!! Just read all the TSB items list on your model you think you want and then ask the Service Manager if they can fix it. They can't give you a true answer. Had a diesel Passat 96' what a mess always recalled etc. Finally just drove it the way it was smokin' down the road it got 45 mpg but hated the smoke etc. VW will charge you real fast for repairs because it was your fault it broke etc. No more VW stuff here again. I'll believe a diesel Chevy Cruise when it's sitting on the lot with 50 more to buy and see how they run and check out too from first buyers. This Chevy should get 60 mpg no bigger then it is with the right turbo and injectors/pump setup.