GDP EFI LIVE

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
My dad has a 2007.5 GMC 3500 LMM and it has cold air intake, profab egr delete pipe, banks hot side turbo pipe, fuel rail plug, PPE Passenger Side Up Pipe, and 3 inch down pipe with 5 inch exhaust with muffler no DPF or anything.
I have 2009 Chevy 2500 LMM with stock airbox, egr delete but stock cold side piping and stuff but everything is turned off. I have fuel rail plug and PPE Passenger side Up Pipe and 3 inch downpipe and 4 inch downpipe back straight pipe.
We have a handheld flash tuner from GDP with EFI Live Heavy Tow tune in it. After moving the truck around a few times I realized that the tune in the GMC is so much better than what is in my Chevy. I want to flash it into my truck. What do I need to do to do that? Can I just plug tuner into my truck and flash it? Do I need to buy a Vin Liscense or something? Will the tune in his truck work in mine considering we have different mods but they are similar? Thanks

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
My dad has a 2007.5 GMC 3500 LMM and it has cold air intake, profab egr delete pipe, banks hot side turbo pipe, fuel rail plug, PPE Passenger Side Up Pipe, and 3 inch down pipe with 5 inch exhaust with muffler no DPF or anything.
I have 2009 Chevy 2500 LMM with stock airbox, egr delete but stock cold side piping and stuff but everything is turned off. I have fuel rail plug and PPE Passenger side Up Pipe and 3 inch downpipe and 4 inch downpipe back straight pipe.
We have a handheld flash tuner from GDP with EFI Live Heavy Tow tune in it. After moving the truck around a few times I realized that the tune in the GMC is so much better than what is in my Chevy. I want to flash it into my truck. What do I need to do to do that? Can I just plug tuner into my truck and flash it? Do I need to buy a Vin Liscense or something? Will the tune in his truck work in mine considering we have different mods but they are similar? Thanks
You cannot just flash a tune in that way, each tune (typically) is written for a specific VIN/OS based on the options of the truck as well as the mods/tire size etc. You would need to buy a new tune AND a VIN license for your (I'm assuming) AutoCal.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
GDP TUNING 2001-2010 DURAMAX | EFILIVE AUTOCAL W/ GDP SUPPORT PACK - 3 –  Xtreme Redline Performance

Thats the tuner. How much would a tune and vin liscnese cost? Could I do it myself?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Thats the tuner. How much would a tune and vin liscnese cost? Could I do it myself?

That's an AutoCal V2. Licenses are $125. Without unlinking the device you're stuck with buying files from GDP (which I believe they no longer do). Right now the tuning market is very sparse as the EPA's stance is that any tune is technically modifying the emissions of the vehicle UNLESS that calibration has an EO number. We don't sell (nor never have) GDP tuning so I can't comment on what a tune file costs.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
This is exactly what it looks like. Is there any way I can get a license and tune from anywhere.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
This is exactly what it looks like. Is there any way I can get a license and tune from anywhere.

I would recommend you re-read my reply above. You can purchase a VIN license anywhere they're sold (direct from EFILive or from any tuning company) but you CANNOT get tunes from anyone but GDP without unlinking your device from them. I do not believe GDP sells tuning anymore so you may be SOL on that front.

There are not many companies doing tuning anymore due to the EPA's stance that calibrations are altering emissions. Seeing that you're deleted I can't really help you as that is illegal in the US.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I would recommend you re-read my reply above. You can purchase a VIN license anywhere they're sold (direct from EFILive or from any tuning company) but you CANNOT get tunes from anyone but GDP without unlinking your device from them. I do not believe GDP sells tuning anymore so you may be SOL on that front.

There are not many companies doing tuning anymore due to the EPA's stance that calibrations are altering emissions. Seeing that you're deleted I can't really help you as that is illegal in the US.
Alright. I understand it more now. Didnt make since the first time. Thanks!

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL

Because of all the companies closing up shop because of the EPA, EFILIVE now offers an unlinking service for $50 I believe. But that still leaves youc looking for a tuner. I know I stopped about 8 years ago when I seen the writing on the wall.

And to the OP, your 07.5 tune cannot work in your 09. For lmm there is 07/08, and 09/10 for OS's. Theyre all the same number IIRC, but they will not interchange.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Because of all the companies closing up shop because of the EPA, EFILIVE now offers an unlinking service for $50 I believe. But that still leaves youc looking for a tuner. I know I stopped about 8 years ago when I seen the writing on the wall.

And to the OP, your 07.5 tune cannot work in your 09. For lmm there is 07/08, and 09/10 for OS's. Theyre all the same number IIRC, but they will not interchange.
^Yeah, I wasn't implying he was SOL on getting an unlink but more so SOL on buying another tune. EFI will unlink most autocals but not every one. Some tuners have elected/paid EFI to not unlink them and will only provide unlink codes directly.