LBZ: Gasket Kit

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
They said everything but no head gaskets< I take it has all the hondabond stuff for the pan and front cover and stuff.all the injector seals and the o rings water pump gaskets and all the up pipe gaskets and maifold gaskets.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
you only need one of the small GM caulk tubes per engine, but GM sells two different RTV's. One is in a caulking tube and the other is in a toothpaste tube.

The caulking tube stuff is awesome because it is easy to dispense (sp) a nice bead, and it works great. I even used it to seal my oil cooler back together! I learned you arent supposed to take it apart AFTER I took it apart and lost that non-servicable gasket....

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ben do you have the P/N for the caulking tubes...

Also the Gasket kit as of this morning is unavailable.. at least through my dealer.

Brayden the stuff I used was part number 12378521

Its grey, its cheap, its in a caulk tube, and its awesome. I hate stuff in toothpaste tubes. I even used it to seal my oil cooler back together, when I lost that big O ring (well not really an O) thats not availible as a separate part, as I said above

I had to take the oil pan back off and put it on again, otherwise I definetly would have only needed 1 tube to do the entire engine. AND I used it to seal my lower valve covers (lost the stock gaskets)

Attachments

• IMG_0167 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0167 (Large).JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0168 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0168 (Large).JPG
    50 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I bought this for my engine. There's a ton of stuff in there, but some stuff that I need isn't included (such as the RTV). I'll get a list of the part numbers that are included if anyone wants.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I almost find it a waist to buy th ewhole kit most of it you wont use. and you still need head gaskets.And you still need the bon which runs around 12.50 a tube.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm gonna use as much of it as I can. I'm a little disappointed that it's missing some of the stuff I need though. There are a million O-rings that I need to figure out what they're for.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Josh if there packed in there own bags they say what they go to atleast close to it. alot of the seals and gaskets can be resused, If you had alot of metal go thru the motor you will need to replace your oil cooler also.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The ones in bags do have a very brief (and somewhat vague) description, but there are a bunch that are just loose in there.

I didn't have much metal go through there, but I will be giving the oil cooler a thorough cleaning.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
They tell you not to take the oil cooler apart, and on that we did but I had no metal go thru mine, When you take the cooler apart the o ring inside is not sold by Gm and is not serviceable, The coils inside is very very small and hard to clean out, When you put it back togther you will need to use rtv to hold the o ring in place to get it back togther.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks for the tip. I thought I remember being able to see the coils and stuff without taking everything apart but maybe I did and just didn't know it. Anyway, I'll get her cleaned out one way or another.