Finally putting a motor together for my truck...

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
At Schied's the convertor broke inside during a burnout and sent it out of balance at 4500rpms and took a main bearing out with it. I wasn't happy at all that it went out like that and I wasn't the one driving when it let go:mad: When we unloaded it at the shop and fired it up it shook the truck horribly and had a little noise in the motor. Unbolted the convertor and slid it back and refired and vibration was gone but noise was still there. Tore it done to find the noise and found my rods were alittle less(.020") than straight and #1 main bearing was on the way out. Everything else looked like new inside so I was less than impressed with it's early demise. Apparently 821hp 1390ftlbs was a bit much...:roflmao: It had 96,xxxmiles on it and had a very hard life so I shouldn't complain I guess. The new replacement should make some noise!:thumb:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
It's about time! You still gonna run SD next year, or will ya crank her up for SS?

x2? What did ya break?

I will probably run both and et since I refuse to cage it. I will get a railcar before I put a cage in my daily driver! Planning on 1000hp with the twins and a single pump but will run the 72mm VGT as a single through winter and twin it in the spring.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I will probably run both and et since I refuse to cage it. I will get a railcar before I put a cage in my daily driver! Planning on 1000hp with the twins and a single pump but will run the 72mm VGT as a single through winter and twin it in the spring.

Guess I'll see ya in SD again next year, I don't want to cage mine either.

Sounds like a nice build. Can't wait to check it out at TS in the spring!

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
Looking good Mark! Glad to see you're getting time to work on your own stuff! What's the basic list of parts going into it?

I'm going to need a ride in this crazy thing next Spring! :woott: