Finally got the truck running, help

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Here is a more recent video that he just sent me.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn6e7_7MiaU

Definitely hear something that is not the usual sound. Considering it's on one side, could it be something as simple as a tiny exhaust leak? I know I chased a strange (and freaking annoying) noise on my gasser once and it ended up being a TINY leak at one of the exhaust ports where it met the stock manifold. Several "good" mechanics couldn't figure it out. Even with a gasket, it took having the mating surface machined flat to cure the leak.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
the sound comes across, it sounds like a leaking injector copper seal but the mic on the phone may be softening a metalic noise that you are hearing? not sure, either way, im not 100% sure we can lead you in the right direction.

id highly suggest getting a second set of very knowledgable ears on it to see first hand. whether its mark or heading to Tony's or someone else.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
the sound comes across, it sounds like a leaking injector copper seal but the mic on the phone may be softening a metalic noise that you are hearing? not sure, either way, im not 100% sure we can lead you in the right direction.

id highly suggest getting a second set of very knowledgable ears on it to see first hand. whether its mark or heading to Tony's or someone else.
I'm coming to the same conclusion, it's hard to tell in a video. Mark is much closer so I'll take it to him first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)