Favorite tool thread

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Does it really? I love my 3/8 Snap-On. It's a little beast.

Which 3/8 snap on do you have?

It's the older 3/8 non lithium battery But lots of guys at work have the new snap-ons and this Milwaukee will run right with them, with better battery life. Also I payed 225 with two High capacity batteries and a 5 year warranty, last I looked they wanted over 500 for the snap-on and 1 year warranty. Plus the M18 is brushless and doesn't stink, my tools get get alot of oils on them.

Edit: I thought it was a 2 year warranty but apparently it has a 5 year.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It's the older 3/8 non lithium battery But lots of guys at work have the new snap-ons and this Milwaukee will run right with them, with better battery life. Also I payed 225 with two High capacity batteries and a 5 year warranty, last I looked they wanted over 500 for the snap-on and 1 year warranty. Plus the M18 is brushless and doesn't stink, my tools get get alot of oils on them.

Edit: I thought it was a 2 year warranty but apparently it has a 5 year.

How does it compare to the Snap On when it comes to size and weight? One thing I absolutely love about the Snap On is the dual trigger, no need to press a button to go from forward to reverse. I've always been a fan of Milwaukee power tools and wouldn't be opposed to trying one, but it would have some big shoes to fill to replace my little cordless Snap On impact.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
The battery is weak on the 14.4v snap on. Mines always dead. Our machine coolant smells real good burning off it too^:spit:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
How does it compare to the Snap On when it comes to size and weight? One thing I absolutely love about the Snap On is the dual trigger, no need to press a button to go from forward to reverse. I've always been a fan of Milwaukee power tools and wouldn't be opposed to trying one, but it would have some big shoes to fill to replace my little cordless Snap On impact.

It's lighter with a much slimmer upper body, the battery may be a tick wider. I felt the same way Josh, my snap-ons have been Gold but I couldn't pass this up on the price. I use the Snap-on at the house all the time, the M18 stays at work.

I have a Snap-on MG325 air impact and it wouldn't tighten a 1/2 bolt tighter than the M18, the air gun may need rebuilt though but it still hits good.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
The battery is weak on the 14.4v snap on. Mines always dead. Our machine coolant smells real good burning off it too^:spit:

I have wondered how long the motor will last if if I plug my 18 volt battery from the 1/2 on there:D And they do stink. Brushless= no stink:thumb:

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Need a new floor jack. What are you guys using?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SwitchBack

Sep 8, 2012
Vermont
393d4bd1767ebaf1fa4594ac6da73898_zpsq6dz1q1t.jpg

That's only part of the collection... Wife says I have a problem...

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Jack and his friends, don't forget that pictures like these come in handy in case you have a major fire or theft at your residence or business....
=
=
egpogl.jpg

=
=
55mp6w.jpg

=
=
2rhmjau.jpg

=
=
21javtk.jpg

=
=
=

Last edited:

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I picked up a stinger 2.5 ton several years ago for just under $200 and it came with 2 stands.
Just looked on Amazon for a OTC STINGER KIT 5300 and its $170 delivered.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I have a 3 ton Craftsman Jack and it doesn't like lifting up my truck. Plus I've already had to rebuild it once because the seals started leaking. It was only $100 with 2 jack stans 12 years ago though.

My buddies real happy with his 4 ton Harbor Freight aluminum Jack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Need a new floor jack. What are you guys using?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I have two 3 1/2 ton jacks from NAPA, and they're the best jacks I've ever used. Bought them when they were having a half price sale which made them pretty reasonable. The thing I like the most about them is that unlike most cheap jacks, you can actually let things down slowly, and they have a good size foot.

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
All though this little Snap-on has some impressive numbers. I will have to see if anyone has one at work yet (18 volt) 4.25 pounds:thumb:
https://store.snapon.com/CT8810A-Series-18-Volt-Impact-Wrenches-3-8--3-8-Drive-18-V-MonsterLithium-Impact-Wrench-P760541.aspx
M18 high cap batt 3.8 pounds
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2654-22

Both of those look bad ass. The Milwaukee is the better value and sounds like a better unit. May have to blow some more moolah :woott:

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I have two 3 1/2 ton jacks from NAPA, and they're the best jacks I've ever used. Bought them when they were having a half price sale which made them pretty reasonable. The thing I like the most about them is that unlike most cheap jacks, you can actually let things down slowly, and they have a good size foot.
X2. These Jack's last forever and take a beating. Got mine on sale on vets day. Wounded warriors edition or something like that.

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
All though this little Snap-on has some impressive numbers. I will have to see if anyone has one at work yet (18 volt) 4.25 pounds:thumb:
https://store.snapon.com/CT8810A-Series-18-Volt-Impact-Wrenches-3-8--3-8-Drive-18-V-MonsterLithium-Impact-Wrench-P760541.aspx

I've had the M18 series Milwaukee stuff for 5 years or so now. I love it, but it doesn't work like it used to. In its defense, I'm sure I've worn it all out at this point. I've split all my high capacity batteries by dropping them (and not dropping them a lot either) so they sit in the back of the drawer. My drill is totally worn out and my 1/2“ impact has no nuts left. I still use the shit out of my impact driver with a 1/4" or 3/8" drive adapter in it but it doesn't have the power it used to anymore either. I'm probably going to get a new drill and some new battery packs and see how it goes. My packs don't hold a charge long anymore.

My Snap-on guy has been on me for a few years to change to the SO stuff. After getting pissed at my dead batteries and my impact driver not working worth a shit anymore I caved and bought that 3/8" drive 18V impact you posted this week. I haven't used it yet.

I still love my Milwaukee stuff but I think it's getting retired from shop use.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I have a floor jack from Sam's Club and disappointed with it. Leaks down and has been used very little. Was around $99.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I've had the M18 series Milwaukee stuff for 5 years or so now. I love it, but it doesn't work like it used to. In its defense, I'm sure I've worn it all out at this point. I've split all my high capacity batteries by dropping them (and not dropping them a lot either) so they sit in the back of the drawer. My drill is totally worn out and my 1/2“ impact has no nuts left. I still use the shit out of my impact driver with a 1/4" or 3/8" drive adapter in it but it doesn't have the power it used to anymore either. I'm probably going to get a new drill and some new battery packs and see how it goes. My packs don't hold a charge long anymore.

My Snap-on guy has been on me for a few years to change to the SO stuff. After getting pissed at my dead batteries and my impact driver not working worth a shit anymore I caved and bought that 3/8" drive 18V impact you posted this week. I haven't used it yet.

I still love my Milwaukee stuff but I think it's getting retired from shop use.
Umm, I would say after 5 years you got your moneys worth:D

I love Snap On tools but I buy what works and what makes since price wise... That new 18 volt Snap on might be the bomb but at close to 600 (list price) I can buy at least 2 of the M18's. I work on Industrial Heavy Cat Equipment, the only thing these guns are used for is small hose flanges and tin work, everything else takes more nuts. I like the M18 warranty and brushless antistink motor better also.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Just to clarify, the Snap On impact I'm talking about is the 14.4 v lithium micro impact. It is substantially smaller and lighter than the one in your link and every bit as powerful. The battery life isn't as good because the battery is so much smaller, but it is by far the most useful tool in my toolbox. I'm sure that Milwaukee may be a little more powerful and probably has a longer battery life, but with the size and weight advantage of the Snap On, I don't think it would get used much if it were in my toolbox. And I know it may sound trivial, but that dual action trigger is an awesome featuer too. Here's a picture of the two cordless Snap On impacts side by side for a size comparison.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 167