Fass flow thru

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
(on the trip figured out the transfer case was shot so ended up taking it to the shop, quoted $1500-$2000 to fix it)
Swapping a transfer case is really easy. What kind of truck does your son have? I can't imagine a transfer case would cost much more than $500 from a wrecking yard.

Last edited:

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I was gonna get an airdog or FASS but after all this im rethinkin that. I will probably go with the MITUSA. It seems to be a great pump.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I would encourage you guys to consider this fuel pickup from hellmann performance http://www.hellmannperformance.com/welcome.html

i have already posted that in this thread , but i agree i only run a 1/4 tank of fuel at the strip :D , let alone daily driving , i did get down to a 1/16-1/8 tank last time out and last 2 runs were short 3-4 MPH :eek: but ran to E by the time i stopped filled it up on the drive home . its a great part but as i have stated its not for everyone , people seem gun shy to cut holes in the tank .

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I would encourage you guys to consider this fuel pickup from hellmann performance http://www.hellmannperformance.com/welcome.html

I've never had a problem running my truck with the AirDog draw straw with the low fuel light on - even at the track. While I do like the look and design of that I say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". In Larry's case he needs to fix it though.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
If you are going to buy a pickup IE TTS, SOCAL, PPE. You may as well just go for this piece, that was my point.

Last edited:

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
the flow thru worked for me up until today, I usually cut the pump off and use it as a flow thru after about 180 miles on the tank of fuel. Today the truck lost prime when I went to crank it after lunch. Turned the pump on and the fuel pressure gauge verified that I wasnt getting fuel, I had 250 miles on this tank of fuel. Ended up borrowing my sons dodge to go get fuel cans filled (on the trip figured out the transfer case was shot so ended up taking it to the shop, quoted $1500-$2000 to fix it) and getting another ride to get fuel back to my truck.

Anyway, I put seven gallons in my tank, drove to the filling station and put in another 11 gallons to make it full, that means I got a freaking 18 gallon range in my truck, this really sucks :jerkit:

Guess its back to the drawing board................
what sendor pick up you using? if it is the aftermarket billet how long has it been on there? i ask because the connection you make on the pickup may have come just a little loose and is now sucking air once the fuel level drops below that level. iirc it is only a hose clamp and you never had these issues before.

i had a pin hole in my oem flex tube that would reak havic on me when the tank got to low causing the loss of prime ect. i chased it for a while before getting to the sender. that is when i did the pickup tube and billet pickup and haven had that issue since.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
what sendor pick up you using? if it is the aftermarket billet how long has it been on there? i ask because the connection you make on the pickup may have come just a little loose and is now sucking air once the fuel level drops below that level. iirc it is only a hose clamp and you never had these issues before.

i had a pin hole in my oem flex tube that would reak havic on me when the tank got to low causing the loss of prime ect. i chased it for a while before getting to the sender. that is when i did the pickup tube and billet pickup and haven had that issue since.

PPE Billet pickup, 5/8" line from the tank to the Fass...............normally I fill up around 1/2 tank, so I wouldnt know about the problem until now, just got busy lately and pushing it longer

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
i know right now with the airdog and same 5/8th setup as you i have no issues when the pump is off. it is sitting about 1/8 tank now and i am able to run my big tune wot with out it starving for fuel (well for no lift pump anyway) but dont get a stall/loss of prime condition.

kenny

kennydiesel
Mar 5, 2009
washington state
PPE Billet pickup, 5/8" line from the tank to the Fass...............normally I fill up around 1/2 tank, so I wouldnt know about the problem until now, just got busy lately and pushing it longer

I would suspect an air leak somewhere near the pick up that sucks air when the fuel level goes below that point. Thanks :)