Failed inspection

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I am pretty sure that they already have updated their equipment but not positive. I remember talking about it to the technician and he said he had to recently upgrade his system, it was much smaller and simpler but had some limitations his older system didn't have but did everything the EPA and CARB wanted

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I am pretty sure that they already have updated their equipment but not positive. I remember talking about it to the technician and he said he had to recently upgrade his system, it was much smaller and simpler but had some limitations his older system didn't have but did everything the EPA and CARB wanted

I believe the new equipment is call the smog dad and it knows the calibrations and what smog monitors the vehicle is supposed to have

bfmine

Sep 11, 2011
Cape cod,ma
Unfortunately I have to go see a state verified or state run inspection station. Score I can do anything else. There like 12 in mass. I'm really at the point where I'm so sick of the bs in this state that I'm really considering selling it or trading it in. Going to take a huge hit. It don't we always.

bfmine

Sep 11, 2011
Cape cod,ma
Even if there is a way. I screwed myslef by not doing it the first time. The next place I HAVE to go. He's supposed to visually inspect and make sure egr/ cat is there and re-test?

bfmine

Sep 11, 2011
Cape cod,ma
Well. I went to a dealer yesterday. They offered me 6500$. Hahah. Needless to say. I didn't accept. Thinking about just trying to sell it around here. Maybe trying another dealer.
It's an 07 lbz. With 6" lift. 35s S475/stock. Built trans with 140,000 miles. It's in decent shape. I never take it off roading. No rot on the body,frame has some surface rust.
Any ideas on what to ask. NADA puts it between 15,000-18000 for trade in. 22,000 private sale. I'm thinking of asking 20,000 if I try to sell it around here Any thoughts? I'm in eastern mass/ cape cod. Buyer will be made aware that it will not pass ma inspection and it will be their responsibility to fix it. truck will come with original parts to take the liftout if they want. Leaf springs and anything else along with stock exhaust
Thanks

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
I'm not sure why you had to do emissions. Mine is an 07 classic and I asked my buddy who does the inspection when he did mine, he told me that me that our truck doesn't require emissions test unless it has a gvcw more than 10k. So the 2500 are okay but not the 3500. I have no egr in it but it passed inspection because it didn't require emissions test. But be warned, in October the state is going to enforce cameras and require all inspectors to put a noise level detector in the tail pipe for aftermarket exhaust for state licensed inspection stations.

For me, I'm just going to drive the damn thing if I fail my next inspection. No one would pass me when I had my 06 because it was "too tall", so I drove for 9 months on a expired sticker lol. Registration was good for another year. Honestly, the state police does not care if you have lift because every one of them that pulled me over told me to keep looking for someone that will pass because of my lift. It's time to get rid of the old f**ks that's coming up with those dumb laws because they don't like it. Freaking cry babies.