EGR driven Boost (or drive) sensor:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
OK, I finally did this. A year late, but what the heck.

This can also be used for other sensors besides boost.

If you have a 12 volt supply (0-5V output) use the bottom row, left or right for the power. Not sure if it turns on or off though. It didn't when tested.

Attachments

• g0.JPG
    g0.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 43
  • g1.JPG
    g1.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 35
  • G2.JPG
    G2.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 35

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Awesome!

Pat what parts are needed to make this work? It will obviously be more reliable than the engines original boost sensor, right.

The first sensors I ordered are hard to work with. I'm ordering ones more suitable.

But this will be "No BS" boost, unmolested by capping, and can go 150PSI boost if we desire. I'm set up for 100PSIG.

This is not my original idea, it had been discussed for a couple years by several people including Lennart.

When I get a "polished" system, I will do a more through write up and make the parts available.

We can read EGT's through this method as well.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The LB7 would need to have a EGR Position circuit for this to work. Dunno if it does.

I found that EFILive only report X.X resolution on the EGR circuit so far. This is not adequate for 100PSIG sensors. Needs X.XX.

In other words, the jump between 0.9 Volts and 1.0 volts is too great a change in boost. Each 0.1 volts is 2.4 PSI of boost. By getting X.XX resolution, that changes to .0.2 PSI per every 0.1 volts.

If I get a gauge that does 60PSIG, that will drop to about 1.4 PSIG per increment. That might be enough.