Edge products fined by Epa

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
The company, located in Ogden, Utah, sold more than 9,000 of these electronic devices nationwide, resulting in an estimated 158 tons of excess PM emissions released into the atmosphere. This is equivalent to the emissions from 422 new long-haul semi trucks operating for a period of 29 years.
Let's share some other facts. Charbroiling a single hamburger releases as much particulate matter into the air as an 18 wheeler driving 143 miles. There are roughly 38,000,000 hamburgers eaten each day in the U.S. Let's say that half of these are Charbroiled, just for the sake of figuring. That means, the said "422 18 wheelers" would have to travel 81,034,891 miles a year for 29 years to equal what particulate matter is produced in one day by charbroiling hamburgers in the U.S.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Email this bozo your thoughts here [email protected]

"When running, trucks without these types of controls leave behind a trail of dark, black smoke. PM is associated with a number of health problems, including respiratory and cardiovascular disease, chronic bronchitis, decreased lung function, and an increased risk of lung cancer. "

“Allowing black smoke to billow conspicuously from the tailpipes of diesel pickup trucks is a practice that directly harms public health.”

how many on here kept calling me (and others like me) tree huggers and retards when we would bash smoke tunes? Now do you believe me? If it wasn't for the retrads with shitty tunes they wouldn't be going after us as like they are now. Really we did this to our own sport
Only way to save it with what is going on is lay low and stop being retards, and make the smoke tunes look bad

stiffler

Mar 1, 2011
Wisconsin
what i find funny is the hole dpf filter yeah it collects emmissions and holds them so u drive clean but when it regens then u just burn out everything in the filter so yeah while u drove 1000 miles clean as soon as u hit regen bam everything ur trying to keep in is out in the atmosphere yeah its BURNED out but u never see a emmission test done while the truck is regening then lets talk about clean air and see what really comes out

its just like the smog pumps back in the day take air and put it into exhaust so it cleans it up hahaha

****ing gov/epa baffle them (the people) with bullshit make them think that the epa is makeing a cleaner envrioment

now im not one of them blow smoke everywhere i go kinda guy and i think we should try to clean up our act but in the end its all bullshit so some ceo can make a deal with this gov offical so they get there millon doller under the table paydays for making up dpfs just more ways they can take ur money

sell u a truck that needs more serviceing so u take it to a dealer more so they sell u parts u dont need to take ur money

ok i think im done:eek: sucks to be edge i really like that company

I work for a truck and equipment dealer as a Tech. Curious to me when a Dpf filter gets cleaned (which we dont do yet) the polution created when they get cleaned ! Were does that go MR. EPA ????????????????

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
not defend the EPA because that is BS that suing them when they have had that for years then all of sudden what to sue them and take away the products from us to delete emissions. When truck regens it heats up all the soot and harmful by products to such high temperature it breaks down the soot and such into simpler by products that are not harmful at all but some by products dont get broken down all the way but they claim about 90% of the of it does get broken down into non harmful by products. dont get me wrong it is BS that if you want to delete it you cannot. just wanted clear that up.

yes i know and u are correct but like everything were u there to see the results of this 90% clean i sure wasnt im just saying they claim it 90% clean but i dont see how it can be 90% everytime espically if u use ur truck for like farming ect yeah mabey if all u did was run down the highway but if ur useing ur truck hard i dont see it being a clean burn everytime

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
I work for a truck and equipment dealer as a Tech. Curious to me when a Dpf filter gets cleaned (which we dont do yet) the polution created when they get cleaned ! Were does that go MR. EPA ????????????????

tru that man and as said above what aout the extra fuel burned during regen that didnt need to be used thats alot of fuel in one day if every truck on the planet with a dpf regened once a day

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
This pisses me off so bad I'm not even going to ramble about it... Quick question though, isnt it unconstitutional to fine someone for selling something that you have no control over what they do with it? I mean people bought these tuners for performance gains but didnt buy a dpf delete exhaust... This is just like selling a gun to someone and warning them this can kill a human being if you shoot them with it!!! So if their theory worked on firearms like it does on diesel tuners then that would mean that every shooting that happens the firearm manufacturer would get fined for selling that gun to the person who did the shooting. This is so crazy and far fetched i do not have a clue how they are getting away with it. In my eyes even a shitty lawyer should be able to remedy this situation. Should kitchen knife manufacturers be sued if someone gets stabbed using one of there knives even though thats not what the knives were made to do??? ALL the tuning companies warned anyone buying these products that if you deleted emissions equipment it was illegal, the tuner did not delete anything which means the tuner was not and still is not illegal. If anyone should be getting shutdown and fined from the epa it should have been the exhaust companies and egg blocker plate companies that are making the parts to actually break the law intentionally. But guess what the epa figured out that those small companies dont have near enough money to pay these big fines and would just bankrupt so they figured if they wanted to get any money out of the deal they would have to go after the big tuning companies. The tires on my vehicle can break the law if i run from the police instead of pulling over so should tire companies be fined also? This is just plain insanity and these big companies should fight for their rights:thumb:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
yes i know and u are correct but like everything were u there to see the results of this 90% clean i sure wasnt im just saying they claim it 90% clean but i dont see how it can be 90% everytime espically if u use ur truck for like farming ect yeah mabey if all u did was run down the highway but if ur useing ur truck hard i dont see it being a clean burn everytime

On my lmm I could run my finger across the inside part of the factory trumpet and my finger stays clean(before deletes). So the dpf does do something.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
So I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to get one of these for your Duramax powered Nissan Leaf then would it.

"The Insight can only display data and is not able to adjust or tune your engine itself. It can, however, be used with Edge or other performance chips and programmers to track and monitor your newly tuned engine. In addition, if your Nissan Leaf has a 2001-2005 LB7 or LLY Duramax diesel engine and is equipped with EFILive custom-tuning software, the Insight can be used to adjust your power levels on the fly."

http://www.etrailer.com/Performance-Chip/Nissan/Leaf/2012/EP83830.html?vehicleid=20121022667

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
This pisses me off so bad I'm not even going to ramble about it... Quick question though, isnt it unconstitutional to fine someone for selling something that you have no control over what they do with it? I mean people bought these tuners for performance gains but didnt buy a dpf delete exhaust... This is just like selling a gun to someone and warning them this can kill a human being if you shoot them with it!!! So if their theory worked on firearms like it does on diesel tuners then that would mean that every shooting that happens the firearm manufacturer would get fined for selling that gun to the person who did the shooting. This is so crazy and far fetched i do not have a clue how they are getting away with it. In my eyes even a shitty lawyer should be able to remedy this situation. Should kitchen knife manufacturers be sued if someone gets stabbed using one of there knives even though thats not what the knives were made to do??? ALL the tuning companies warned anyone buying these products that if you deleted emissions equipment it was illegal, the tuner did not delete anything which means the tuner was not and still is not illegal. If anyone should be getting shutdown and fined from the epa it should have been the exhaust companies and egg blocker plate companies that are making the parts to actually break the law intentionally. But guess what the epa figured out that those small companies dont have near enough money to pay these big fines and would just bankrupt so they figured if they wanted to get any money out of the deal they would have to go after the big tuning companies. The tires on my vehicle can break the law if i run from the police instead of pulling over so should tire companies be fined also? This is just plain insanity and these big companies should fight for their rights:thumb:

its gunna come down to whos got the deeper pockets and the will to see it through.

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
This is just like selling a gun to someone and warning them this can kill a human being if you shoot them with it!!! So if their theory worked on firearms like it does on diesel tuners then that would mean that every shooting that happens the firearm manufacturer would get fined for selling that gun to the person who did the shooting.

I guess some people don't remember the fact that this is why Colt and Ruger at least for a time stopped selling handguns. The government went after them because of handguns being used for so much "murder and mayhem".

bonomax

Dec 27, 2011
Hermitage, PA

wait am im MR.EPA?? haha. funny. i wasnt defending what their doing at just say that DPF does lower the emissions on average. but i do disagree that have the right to tell us what to do with our trucks and going after the tuner companies like edge and H&S. i agree with you there nothing can be same exact efficiency every time. just saying what seen claims of 80 to 90 percent it reduces emissions by. didnt mean i thought that number was exactly correct. that is prolly a average so sometimes it prolly alot lower. i think it should be choice to delete it or not. all cars pollute. EPA is just looking for easy target and diesel is def easy one to target people see black smoke they think horrible for environment when there are million other things way worse.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Not taking the EPA's side on this, but here is a question for you Mr. diesel tech. After 2 and a half years my exhaust is so clean you can eat off the pipe. That tells me the system is working as expected. Do I like it? hell no. So whatever is going on in this system, it comes out clean or my pipe would not be spotless. People talk about their trucks not smoking still have soot in their exhaust. I don't. Not even with my Quad programmer.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I guess some people don't remember the fact that this is why Colt and Ruger at least for a time stopped selling handguns. The government went after them because of handguns being used for so much "murder and mayhem".

Yes i do remember but i dont recall them paying any fines.

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
Yes i do remember but i dont recall them paying any fines.

Because they did what they were told. right off the bat. Instead of taking their time. But this all gets beyond the realm of this topic so, back on topic.
The EPA does have a good purpose. The problem is that they have taken it to far and try to use whatever means necessary to get what they want. They overstep their bounds a lot.

bonomax

Dec 27, 2011
Hermitage, PA
i agree with 100% with Mike L. im not siding with EPA either just saying DPF do they say they do and do lower the emission. its actually pretty simple what them whole EGR, SCR and DPF emissions system do. Re-burn the exhaust to completely burn all of the soot. this process breaks it down into less to none harmful by products. same way large factories that produce high emission must have emission equipment in place to re-burn the soot. which they dont like either because of expensive equipment and higher running cost. same with diesel trucks get new trucks cost more, cost more run like lower mpg and lowers performance. all things i dont like and reason why i have 01 which is absolutely 100% emission equipment free.

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
$500K....OUCH. Thats quite a few tuners to make up for that fine. It's happening so quick now to all the manufacturers. I heard PPE stopped making their DPF delete tunes too. To much government and tree hugging intervention in our lives. Frickin blows.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
$500K....OUCH. Thats quite a few tuners to make up for that fine. It's happening so quick now to all the manufacturers. I heard PPE stopped making their DPF delete tunes too. To much government and tree hugging intervention in our lives. Frickin blows.

Driving is not a right, and since you want to operate your vehicle on public roads, you play by their rules.

No one is saying you can't !DPF and do coal rolling burnouts in your driveway.