Edge products fined by Epa

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Nobody likes a bad influence feeding their pockets. Thats why bars kick out drunks.

It's a forum tough guy not a English class. I'm not trying to impress u with my grammatical qualities. It's called a iPhone . Type it send. Not type it proof read it and send it. So u tell me genius what is that makes a gas class so much less attractive.? The hp difference? Definitely not a unknown factor that a average spectator cannot see. If soot bothers u that much then stay in your bubble. Just as the gentleman a few posts ago said it is our bad example years ago that set the bar for the younger generation. So don't try to be the fun police now.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Soot sure makes me feel worse than many other hazardous chemicals........

My 6.7 Cummins in my work truck regenerates every 50-100 miles (2-3x/day) during the summer, and between 100-400 miles in the winter. Its been doing this for over 3 years and 180,000 miles, and Ive documented every single regen during that time on my DVIR. I have bitched and complained about it to our shop, to the point they tried replacing the entire DPF system, the turbo, EGR valve and ECM, to no avail. We looked at the pressure sensors, the temp sensors, everything.

Ive been worried about breathing in those fumes from the DPF for a long while. Nobody can tell me if they are harmful or not.
Recently, Freightliner and Cummins came out with new tuning calibrations that we hope can fix the issue. I am one of the testers for the new tune.
If it doesnt work, Im going to demand a different truck to drive. I just dont feel like breathing in those fumes any more.

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
Hey chachi if u can't keep your posts from being directed to a individual keep your mouth shut. That's my opinion if u don't like it too bad. Every part of my day involves diesel engines. The mainpont is its supposed to be a free country and if u want to blow smoke then by all means. I don't like seeing douche bags with pants around there knees either but they have yet to outlaw that. So I have to deal with it. Final consensus smoke don't hurt the environment it's a scapegoat to be used against us to make people think someone is doing a job that really has no purpose. U sound like an example of what's wrong with this country. Another pushover that's gonna lay down and let the govt. have it's way. It's a judgement matter. It's no diff than the govt tell me I can't have 30 round magazines. Give me a good reason cause I have yet to see one. And yes as diesel enthusiasts in the sport we are more into the technical side of the events we partake in with our vehicles but Bob and Bill joe blow come to see smoke. It adds to he show. Why do u think diesel classes are growing in populararity and gasses are fading away? Because they don't shoot fireworks as they Barrel down the track. It's a show piece and everyone knows it.

My post was directed at you because I was talking about how much of a idiot you are sounding/acting like. So like I said I'm by no means for the EPA but damn dude you have to at least act responsibly. Like Mike said you are acting like a 12 year old. Grow up and act like a adult. Going around smoking for no good reason is whats going to kill this sport and the aftermarket so your only shooting yourself and everyone else in the foot.

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
It's a forum tough guy not a English class. I'm not trying to impress u with my grammatical qualities. It's called a iPhone . Type it send. Not type it proof read it and send it. So u tell me genius what is that makes a gas class so much less attractive.? The hp difference? Definitely not a unknown factor that a average spectator cannot see. If soot bothers u that much then stay in your bubble. Just as the gentleman a few posts ago said it is our bad example years ago that set the bar for the younger generation. So don't try to be the fun police now.

Your doing nothing but coaxing the younger generation into thinking this is all ok. Like you said its a bad example so why do you want to continue it?

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
You are an idiot. It's stupid people like you that caused all these stupid laws to be written. You seem to have a 12 year olds brain and the sad thing is you will probably die with that 12 year old brain at an old age.:rolleyes:

Hey mike just because this is my opinion does not mean this is what I enjoy doing. You seem to be missing the point. This country is constantly being choked more and more by this conservative bullshit approach. It's harmless fun for many and as I said most of us at one time or another were a part of it. The more we give the more they take. And same goes for you I did not insult u so if u can't be open minded and disagree with a opinion in a reasonable way then don't respond with just an insult.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Your doing nothing but coaxing the younger generation into thinking this is all ok. Like you said its a bad example so why do you want to continue it?

I'm not coaxing I just don't try to rain on anyone's parade that is not directly hurting me or anyone for that matter.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Actually sir, since what we were doing influenced the younger people coming up, isnt it also now our responsibility to tell them that what we were doing was wrong??
Nobody back in 2003-2005 thought the EPA would come after the entire industry due to smoke, but now that they have, shouldnt we "dial it back" some or risk losing everything???

Theres nothing we can do about whats already been done, except to say, "Do as I say, not as I do/did". Its just like being a parent.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Actually sir, since what we were doing influenced the younger people coming up, isnt it also now our responsibility to tell them that what we were doing was wrong??
Nobody back in 2003-2005 thought the EPA would come after the entire industry due to smoke, but now that they have, shouldnt we "dial it back" some or risk losing everything???

I don't know? Honestly part of me says yes but on e flip side I believe as I stated who does it harm? Besides being unsightly, it harms no one. We had our fun! Who are we to deny others theirs?

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh

Theres nothing we can do about whats already been done, except to say, "Do as I say, not as I do/did". Its just like being a parent.

And I agree it is like being a parent. And being a parent of two little ones I understand. And as a parent as long as they are out of harms way and not harming others they should enjoy all the benefits I did growing up within reason.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I don't know? Honestly part of me says yes but on e flip side I believe as I stated who does it harm? Besides being unsightly, it harms no one. We had our fun! Who are we to deny others theirs?
Im sorry if Im coming off as self-righteous. Im not trying to. I just dont want to see this hobby/sport that I love hurt any more by our intrusive, over reaching government. Unfortunately, thats where we are now, so what we did in the past isnt relevant any more. They changed the rules on us.

Heck, my avatar for a while had been my truck at a launch, blowing a huge cloud of smoke. Thats why its changed now.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Im sorry if Im coming off as self-righteous. Im not trying to. I just dont want to see this hobby/sport that I love hurt any more by our intrusive, over reaching government. Unfortunately, thats where we are now, so what we did in the past isnt relevant any more. They changed the rules on us.

Heck, my avatar for a while had been my truck at a launch, blowing a huge cloud of smoke. Thats why its changed now.

I understand it fires me up the just the same. And my first instinct is to rebel as much as possible! Lol A quality that this country lost long ago.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood

It does harm others.

Just because most of us did it doesnt make it right now. Everybody used to dump hazardous waste into lakes streams and oceans. Doesnt make it right now.

Hey mike just because this is my opinion does not mean this is what I enjoy doing. You seem to be missing the point. This country is constantly being choked more and more by this conservative bullshit approach. It's harmless fun for many and as I said most of us at one time or another were a part of it. The more we give the more they take. And same goes for you I did not insult u so if u can't be open minded and disagree with a opinion in a reasonable way then don't respond with just an insult.

You honestly think the EPAs actions are from the conservative side versus the liberals. You're dumber than I thought.

FYI , head of EPA resinged last month.

I understand it fires me up the just the same. And my first instinct is to rebel as much as possible! Lol A quality that this country lost long ago.

Rebelling is great and all but doesnt really go anywhere.

How many beers you had? I swear youd just be a new immature guy blowing shit up on here but you've been here for awhile and have a lot of money in your truck. Yet you're acting like a drunk horny teenager from West Virginia.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
FWIW grammar and sentence structure are important. Its the overall common lack of caring that has led the the even further fall of our country.

Ever seen Idiocracy? Prime example.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
The EPA is going to go after smoke now, that is just a fact. should they be going after stuff that matters more? Yes I think they do. But people are stupid, and they see a pickup pouring out smoke and think it is going to kill every living thing out there just b/c they can see it. Its not right but that is the way things work. I don't want to lose my ability to have a nice truck that is tuned, so we have to police ourselves so that so that they focus on other things. We are too much the minority in voting to really change it that way, so that leaves playing by enough of the rules so that they don't want to waste their time on this sport

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
The EPA is going to go after smoke now, that is just a fact. should they be going after stuff that matters more? Yes I think they do. But people are stupid, and they see a pickup pouring out smoke and think it is going to kill every living thing out there just b/c they can see it. Its not right but that is the way things work. I don't want to lose my ability to have a nice truck that is tuned, so we have to police ourselves so that so that they focus on other things. We are too much the minority in voting to really change it that way, so that leaves playing by enough of the rules so that they don't want to waste their time on this sport

I completely understand your point. It makes sense, it's the same method used to dissolve a riot. Get rid of the one making all the noise. In our case the big bad smokey truck. And if I had all the answers I would lead the charge, however for me rolling over just never works. And yes on this particular issue we are the vast majority, but this issue is a very small one that is linked to a thousand others that when combined makes a large majority. I'm starting to sound like a tea party activist! Lol

And for the record I don't drink!!!!:thumb:

And yes grammar is very important, probably why my professors in college stressed it to the extent they did. However I am not at work or running for office at this time, who practices proper sentence structure while "shooting the shit" with their buddies?????

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Nobody goes to a diesel event to see diesels that don't smoke. And if someone tells me they do. Your a fing liar. And a tree hugger with no leg to stand on.

Well, i never thought of my self that way nor can i see how i am but it sure prides me when i see a 9 sec duramax run the drag strip with just a puff of smoke at the line as he stages and is clean burning all the way down the track compared to the 10 sec freight train 12v next to him that couldnt run those times without all that smoke.

but its cool, im just a fing liar, a tree hugger and have no leg to stand on in life......:D