EBAY Y BRIDGE

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
What is everyones opinion on an ebay y bridge and pipe. I want a wherli fab one but can afford it right now. Should I try this kit or save for wherli fab kit.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
It’ll work as long as it fits correctly, but if you’re not wanting to spend the money on known products that’ll fit correctly I don’t see the point of changing the factory parts. They flow just fine

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Looks like a cast knock-off version of the 2 piece y-bridge from HSP.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
i thought they were a knock of the ppe, and i have installed a few of them for people who bring me parts. On built trans trucks, max effort tunes. they work great. i just clean up the casting inside the bridge a little before installing them. Never had an issue.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
i thought they were a knock of the ppe, and i have installed a few of them for people who bring me parts. On built trans trucks, max effort tunes. they work great. i just clean up the casting inside the bridge a little before installing them. Never had an issue.
So you have used the ebay knock off pipes? If they work good for you I may give it a try. I mean since they are knock off I was suspect about them but if you have experience with knock off pipes I feel more comfortable.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
what are you trying to gain by using one? are you out flowing yours with a large charger or something?

Reactions: BoiseRob

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
So you have used the ebay knock off pipes? If they work good for you I may give it a try. I mean since they are knock off I was suspect about them but if you have experience with knock off pipes I feel more comfortable.
The only thing hsp on this truck is the intake and front coolant cross over tube. Hot side and cold side piping, and y bridge are all ebay... Powder coated to match. 650hp truckPXL_20220323_122703474.jpg

Reactions: MaxComp88B

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
also to add to this subject, i truly believe piping does nothing for these trucks until you are making some power, and 1600 dollars for esthetics or cleaning up the engine bay is just insane to me. And sorry for the dirty engine bay pics, just finished the install on this when i took the pic. But non the less, i do think hsp, wcfab and sdp make great products, i just simply dont push them around this area. Living in upstate ny, people dont keep there vehicles long and or they dont drive them much, why blow money on something so silly. Unless like i said, you are making power and or you truly want it to look good under your hood.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I am plainng on bigger turbo but I am just wanting to have everything flow better and really clean up engine bay.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I have wanted to do a fixxed vane as I like the sound but I don't think I will. Just a drop in 64 with better wheels and bearings and stuff. Nothing that will break the bank.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
PPE is also a knock off just like 95% of the parts they sell.

The Chinese have became quick at copying parts and getting them on the market. We get random emails all the time. Look at manifold and up pipe kits. Dmax store, Rudy's, PPE, etc. Damn near all identical.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013

The Chinese have became quick at copying parts and getting them on the market. We get random emails all the time. Look at manifold and up pipe kits. Dmax store, Rudy's, PPE, etc. Damn near all identical
Unfortunately it's true, and 9 times out of 10 people see and buy them brands much more often because of how well they are marketed and price point. For the average Joe out there, the parts work. The custom, cool factor of a diesel is long gone now a days in my eyes. Just got back to what they were intended to do... Work.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal

The Chinese have became quick at copying parts and getting them on the market. We get random emails all the time. Look at manifold and up pipe kits. Dmax store, Rudy's, PPE, etc. Damn near all identical.
yep. any time a company contracts with a Chinese company for mass production of a product you'll inevitably have knockoffs made. one way they are able to make them for less is because they are selling the design or product under the table to other companies. despite what contract or agreement they have the Chinese companies will break it. just there modus operandi

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I ended up finally buying one. I bought the complete kit with y bridge and cold side pipe. I am gonna buy the hotside pipe as well. I am also putting S and B intake on it. I know people say just tune it but I already have a tune and we did this to another turck and it was a complete different truck. I enjoy working on them anyway but I am still running a stock tranny but I am going to a built one in the next year or so but so far tranny is healthy.

Reactions: turbovan