DuramaxDiesels.com Forum is up for sale.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It includes the domain(s) associated with it, but does NOT include the dedicated server. It will have to be moved to a new ISP.

The buyer will have to be an active enthusiast, and the amount must be enough to show Rob appropriate consideration for his 14 years of work administering the site, both hardware and software, as well as paying for his time to transfer ownership.

Email bids to [email protected].

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If a sale goes thru, the forum would still be here, just with new people with red usernames (and probably a few different orange and green ones, too).
I wish I had the money to carry this on, but hope another decent person decides to...

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
This is one of the best forums I've ever been on, and it would be a shame to see it go to a big corporation who will inevitably run it into the ground. Glad you are not going to do that.

I wish I had the money to buy it. I have the IT skills to run something like this, but nowhere near enough money to pay what would be reasonable compensation to you and Rob for the work you've done over the years. Hopefully someone who will keep the site free of the BS and irrelevant ads has the money to step in and take over. I always appreciate that the ads on this site are hand-picked from reputable vendors.

If you don't get any good offers, perhaps we could do something where members can donate to cover hosting and administration costs (Patreon, etc.). That would let Rob move on to new & exciting things, but keep this gem of a forum alive.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
This is one of the best forums I've ever been on, and it would be a shame to see it go to a big corporation who will inevitably run it into the ground. Glad you are not going to do that.

I wish I had the money to buy it. I have the IT skills to run something like this, but nowhere near enough money to pay what would be reasonable compensation to you and Rob for the work you've done over the years. Hopefully someone who will keep the site free of the BS and irrelevant ads has the money to step in and take over. I always appreciate that the ads on this site are hand-picked from reputable vendors.

If you don't get any good offers, perhaps we could do something where members can donate to cover hosting and administration costs (Patreon, etc.). That would let Rob move on to new & exciting things, but keep this gem of a forum alive.

This wouldn't be a bad idea.

pmason92

Dec 2, 2012
Madera, CA
This wouldn't be a bad idea.

I second this. I have been using this forum since I was 16. Didnt register until I was 19. But most of my knowledge and some great friendships comes from here. I doubt I have the funds to even make a reasonable offer, but I wouldnt oppose donating as much as I could for the work to upkeep.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I'll donate $100 right now to help Pat and Kat keep the site. Maybe they can set up a go fund me site or something.

I challenge others to match me!!:hug:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
With more investment of time and energy, this forum could become so much more organized and offer information that techs and up-and-coming techs strive for. Heck, I forget about half of what I have learned since I started learning here and it would be incredible to only have to reference 1 or 2 databases instead of 5+. I'd be willing to pay a large sum for that organization and the features I have in mind.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I'll donate $100 right now to help Pat and Kat keep the site. Maybe they can set up a go fund me site or something.

I challenge others to match me!!:hug:
I kinda figured you'd be one to put a bid in for the whole enchilada. ;)

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
There is no need to donate. The site has been agreed to be sold. The new owner is going to be James Carter aka Chevy1925 who is a moderator here. I'll be changing him to an Admin on the site in the next few days. The site will be moving to a new server so it will down for a day while everything is moved and setup on the server. It won't be quick as just the DB is now over 1gig in size. But I've moved the site 2 or 3 times in the past as we have upgraded to newer servers so it should not be a big deal. We will post announcements about the move and when it will happen soon.

Pat, Kat and I feel that James will be able move the site forward and grow it up to a new level.

Congrats James on your new endeavor. :thumb: