Duramax Avalanche

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Yes, the drl's stay on with the headlights. I have amber lights instead of white ones on the avalanche I like the look

On my blue avalanche the drl's wigwag with the turn sig, just haven't taken the time to wire in relays

Mind sharing how you did that? (having them on with the headlights)

Alaska_AV

mix n match
Oct 7, 2011
Wasilla Alaska
the main body looks fixable. I'd build a 2500 frame for it, to put in the dmax engine and drive train. Maybe mod the silverado hd front to it after a few :spit:

no money just dreamin

Alaska_AV

mix n match
Oct 7, 2011
Wasilla Alaska
loving the diesel still,

my kid don't get to drive it for awhile.... popped for 79mph in a 55:woott: dumb ass

made some running boards for it and added cab lights

Attachments

• akav.jpg
    akav.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 77
  • photo 4 (2).JPG
    photo 4 (2).JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 82
  • photo 1 (3).JPG
    photo 1 (3).JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 74
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 73

ryanvanl

Dec 4, 2012
did u have to do anything to get the allison under it? somewhere i was reading that the allison is taller and would hit the body.

Alaska_AV

mix n match
Oct 7, 2011
Wasilla Alaska
still rocking the oil burner:thumb:

on a side note my Avalanche club has made a deal with GM to get 250 personalized
Avalanche black diamond coffee table books made

It was available to only 2013 avalanche buyers, history of 2002 -2013- RIP

2-3 of my trucks are in it in an owners section

we want to get all 250 sold, our club has done about 100 in a week of trying.
$50 donation is all. we have a one month window...Chevy history here

PERSONALIZED AVALANCHE COFFEE TABLE BOOK!!! ONLY WAY TO GET ONE!!!

if a mod sees this please let me know if i could start a thread about this or if i have to delete this,
thanks Jon

7acres

Dec 19, 2013
Upstate NY
Hi, I see that this post is old, but was looking for information on a Duramax Avalanche conversion. I'm looking for either a completed conversion or one that is willing to do the swap. I've seen some that use a Salvage title, but in NY where I live...DMV requires a State inspection, all receipts, and a long process for new title.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Regards,

marc75

Apr 22, 2009
did you be able to power up the second fuel pump ? i ll do the same thing ...LBZ dmax in a 03 Avalanche and it have dual tank

Alaska_AV

mix n match
Oct 7, 2011
Wasilla Alaska
did you be able to power up the second fuel pump ? i ll do the same thing ...LBZ dmax in a 03 Avalanche and it have dual tank

I used the silverados wiring, no second tank wiring. I added a cheep diesel pump on a switch to transfer fuel to the main tank. I think im going to change to a gravity feed next.

The diesel fuel killed the stock pump in the second tank rather quick, btw

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I used the silverados wiring, no second tank wiring. I added a cheep diesel pump on a switch to transfer fuel to the main tank. I think im going to change to a gravity feed next.

The diesel fuel killed the stock pump in the second tank rather quick, btw

Reflash the ECM to a cab/chassis OS...supports factory dual tanks. ;) :thumb:

That way it will be all automatic...like factory. You wont need anything hacked together or extra switches on the dash.

The cab/chassis OS can read both fuel level sensors, and then it will control the pump in the rear tank appropriately.