Dual cp3 and et

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
How much air ? what size injectors ? I picked up .6 and 9 mph but had plenty of air to take advantage of the extra fuel .

estelly

<<<1st LMM IN THE 10'S
Apr 11, 2009
Grand Chenier LA
I was just wondering what a good average would be.

My truck has enough air and tuning to make it to the high 11's while losing rail pressure thanks for the input

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I was just wondering what a good average would be.

My truck has enough air and tuning to make it to the high 11's while losing rail pressure thanks for the input

I went from 108mph to 115mph from a stock CP3 to a Wicked Diesel Modified CP3... 20,000max PSI to 26,300max PSI all with a 3300pw

Aug 22, 2009
I guess my question is...why do dual cp3s destory stock engines? If you do not tweak the efi live tune too hard or make no moajor changes at all (leave mild PW, RP and timing) why will the bottom end go?

I know there must be a good reason, but I am missing it.

Thank you,

Paul

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I guess my question is...why do dual cp3s destory stock engines? If you do not tweak the efi live tune too hard or make no moajor changes at all (leave mild PW, RP and timing) why will the bottom end go?

I know there must be a good reason, but I am missing it.

Thank you,

Paul
Because if you have the fuel, you will use the fuel. The temptation is too great to not turn it up once the dual CP3s are on. If you were to put dual CP3s on and run a tune that held rail pressure with a single CP3, you wouldn't have a problem. But if you did that, what was the point in putting on the extra CP3? Besides, I don't think anyone here could do that anyway. :eek:

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2009
Because if you have the fuel, you will use the fuel. The temptation is too great to not turn it up once the dual CP3s are on. If you were to put dual CP3s on and run a tune that held rail pressure with a single CP3, you wouldn't have a problem. But if you did that, what was the point in putting on the extra CP3? Besides, I don't think anyone here could do that anyway. :eek:

You have a very good point! What I am getting at is, say you have a tune where command and actual are seperated by say 2500psi (command is higher that actual). Instead of spending money on a modified single, why not bite the bullet for twin cp3 so later down the road it will be one less upgrade when you are ready for the extra fuel.

Also, in the example above assume the PW is not extreme and the truck clears the smoke by the 60' mark.

Paul

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
You have a very good point! What I am getting at is, say you have a tune where command and actual are seperated by say 2500psi (command is higher that actual). Instead of spending money on a modified single, why not bite the bullet for twin cp3 so later down the road it will be one less upgrade when you are ready for the extra fuel.

Also, in the example above assume the PW is not extreme and the truck clears the smoke by the 60' mark.

Paul

Dual CP3's are safe as can be , greedy tuning is what breaks trucks with dual cp3's , even the extra fuel aside , i love the throttle response that dual cp3's give :cool2:

Aug 22, 2009
That is kind of what I thought, but everywhere you read you see people blaming the dual cp3 as what killed the engine. I figured if the truck was tuned properly for the internal engine mods everything should be good to go.

Trent - are u going to nhrda fass nationals in Indy?

Paul

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
That is kind of what I thought, but everywhere you read you see people blaming the dual cp3 as what killed the engine. I figured if the truck was tuned properly for the internal engine mods everything should be good to go.

Trent - are u going to nhrda fass nationals in Indy?

Paul

torque bends rods:thumb:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
If you make no other changes and your rail pressure is holding, you prolly are not going to notice a diff in ET.

I ran a 2nd cp3 on a stock bottom end and never had an issue. Its there to support a tune, change the tune and you will have issues. The 2nd cp3 allows for extreme tune changes :D and thats what will get a stock bottom end in trouble.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
I ran dual pumps and a 4094 @ 575rwhp and 975tq for 2 years with no issues, 3 months with twins on conservitive tuning but was still stronger then the 4094 and was ok, 2 weeks with a big tune and it was smoking at idle ona 75* day (bent rods)!

Last edited: