Dry Sump for the Duramax.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I'm not up for ready this entire thread. But have you used a dry sump with down stream turbo/s for cooler AIT?

if your meaning a turbo lower then the engine , or the ones back behind the cab. You can use a small suction stage for that , but you have to be careful not to over scavenge the turbo ( suck to hard) on it. some use a small electric pump at well

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
The pumps used to be very common in the motorcycle turbo world.

Besides the electric pumps, there are also a couple of very small engine driven pumps out there that work very well. I believe one of them is made my NLR called a "pimp pump," the other that I'm thinking of is a very nice piece made by RCC.

Both NLR (Next Level Racing) and RCC Turbos (Richards Custom Cycle) make outstanding products that are cutting edge.

TonyThailand

Feb 27, 2020
Dry Sump 4x4 help

Hi from Thailand
I am in the process of putting an LBZ into a Landcruiser Chassis, front and rear 4 link set upw C/O's

The truck is primarily used on the highway to get around Asia but will be able to take on serious bush 4x4 high angle crawling.
The engine will be kept stock as already has plenty of grunt for my light truck.
I am interested to develop a low cost dry sump system that is reliable for highway use and help in keeping good lubrication during the bush crawling at high angles. I also will be looking at 4 link front axle set up (rather than Panard Rod) so some more clearance around engine lower also desirable.

I can get good quality stainless and aluminum work done over here cheap so the tank and possibly even the sump i could make here (30% import duty to Thailand so only import bare ensentials preferred) but i have no experience on what I should be doing for a 4x4 sump pan.
Note---I have no intention of running the engine upside down!,:)
So...could anyone help guide me here...starting with:

1/ Best pump to use
2/ How design a good 4x4 sump pan
thx all
Tony