Dry Sump for the Duramax.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Why not throw a soft tune-up in there to establish a good, solid repeatable baseline? Once you have that, the world is your oyster, turn it up bit by bit, sneaking up on it until you really have something that will make jaws drop.

I believe you could probably do it, but it's got to be done in stages, bit by bit, learning TONS of information as you make your way along.

Just a thought.....

Getting A to B should be first priority, you went directly to "kill" setting.

Reason and rationality don't play into Greg's game plan

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
The motor is no where near kill. We are just finding little things . Add 5 lbs on the nose , pull the starting line limiter back a 100 or so, we are leaving at 4700 now with 52 lbs of boost . The car is showing the track around 1400 hp. That is only with a .038 port jet..

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
The motor is no where near kill. We are just finding little things . Add 5 lbs on the nose , pull the starting line limiter back a 100 or so, we are leaving at 4700 now with 52 lbs of boost . The car is showing the track around 1400 hp. That is only with a .038 port jet..

Tell the truth greg, .038 x 8 jets....does not equal "just a .038" :rofl:

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
In another post you list the weight of your car as 2000 with a 200lb driver. Giving you a generous 200mph trap speed at the 1/4 mile mark would indicate about 1100hp at the wheels. 1400hp seems a bit generous.

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM

Blah Blah Blah

:blowme:

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
1st diesel to say :hifinger:
1st diesel to :banghead:
1st diesel to :catfight:
1st diesel to :buttkick:
1st diesel to :violent:

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
If you have 8. 038 jets then the total jet area is a good bit bigger than a. 092 jet.

I was thinking the same thing until I got out a calculator:

.038 circle area * 8 = .00113411 * 8 = .009

.092 circle area * 1 = .0066 * 1 = .0066

Not sure how fluid dynamics play into it for flow if any, but to say the area is more with .038 x 8 than a single .092 is false.

Like I said, I don't know if the .092 is accurate or not. I would be interested to see how it calc'd.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca

Not sure how fluid dynamics play into it for flow if any, but to say the area is more with .038 x 8 than a single .092 is false.

Like I said, I don't know if the .092 is accurate or not. I would be interested to see how it calc'd.

Your math is correct, I'm not sure why you think the area of. 009 is less than. 0066?

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas

A given jet flows a given lbs per hour . Flow is more then just the area of the jet , but also takes in to account friction loss .
8 X .038 jets flow the same lbs per hour as one .092 jet.

It also adsorbes a given amount of heat. At 50 lbs of boost and 43 lbs of driving pressure , it making 295 degres of heat going in to the intake That amount of nitrous takes it down to 128 degrees at the port.

I love watching what its really doing with a data logger

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
A given jet flows a given lbs per hour . Flow is more then just the area of the jet , but also takes in to account friction loss .

It also adsorbes a given amount of heat. At 50 lbs of boost and 43 lbs of driving pressure , it making 295 degres of heat going in to the intake That amount of nitrous takes it down to 128 degrees at the port.

Blah Blah Bullshit

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
What's your problem? There is actually some decent tech being discussed and you're trying to phuck it up. Some of us still appreciate some good discussion regardless of where it's coming from.

Word
I razzed Greg hoping he would start to give explanations, it was fun for a minute, but it would seem like Greg is making a pretty decent effort to explain his claims and reasoning now, so let him! The truth is, whether he is a genius or a lunatic (the two tend to get mixed up when discussing genuis' and lunatics) he is working with some big name people, product and teams and he is trying to accomplish big things...

JIST cuz he goes H.A.M, straight outta the hole on test parts and test runs, doesn't make him an idiot...it means to him, every pass is a chance to set a record and prove his team and himself...I get the mindset "if its not a record, it better be broken" I've known guys like that before

Greg's been around the block, and be assured, he can be DAMN FAST.
He doesn't have to take a second of his time to explain a damn thing, and could very easily come back in here and start up with his traditional posting style...and none of us want that

So
@ty LBZ...
If you can eloquently call his bluff, than by all means, do it
If you can't be a smart ass without the attitude and depth of a 15y/o, you really and probably, shouldn't.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca

What you're saying is simply not true, go check any nitrous flow chart or calculator. I'm not sure what friction losses you believe are occurring but they're not effecting the volume of flow like you believe they are. Have you dynoed the rail with and without the nitrous? Have you ran any other size nozzles? I'm interested to know how big you plan on going down the line.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
What you're saying is simply not true, go check any nitrous flow chart or calculator. I'm not sure what friction losses you believe are occurring but they're not effecting the volume of flow like you believe they are. Have you dynoed the rail with and without the nitrous? Have you ran any other size nozzles? I'm interested to know how big you plan on going down the line.
Adam he probably is more accurate than you are giving him credit for. Temp on itself plays a huge roll in nitrous delivery and pressure drop. There are too many variables for a chart to give you concrete info. That's a general overview of where they feel you would be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk