Dog thread

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Sorry to hear that Simon. My 13 year old lab Jake died right after the holidays. He was in bad shape but not in much pain we knew he did have much longer. He died in his sleep.

Here is a cartoon that put a smile on my face about dogs.

My Dog the Paradox

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544515.541816.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544542.418922.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544569.846468.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544588.215212.jpg
Here are a couple of the dogs we hunt with. In order Zoie, Sammy, Kane/Gauge, and Turrner/Red Man.
All really good dogs that love to hunt,

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544515.541816.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544515.541816.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 113
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544542.418922.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544542.418922.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 108
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544569.846468.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544569.846468.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 111
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544588.215212.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358544588.215212.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 110

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
my lab is now over 14 yo, he is getting put to sleep today :(

dogs are family!

Sorry to hear that. They definatley are like family. Learning that more now that we live in town now and have a house dog.

The farm dogs were like family too but they kept themselves entertained and healthy. This house dog thing is a lot more work but she is a lot more fun too and cleaner.

14 yrs is a long time. We had a rat terrier go to 15 years, 10 of them with 3 legs. She just got old, blind, and looked to be in a lot of pain/confusion. Still much better than having my little brothers first border collie pup get run over the first month we had her and his 2nd one having to get put down after getting hit by a plow. Loved that dog. Nicest hardest working most loyal dog around but unfortuneately our farm is large and busy. With no cattle to herd she chose to herd equipment no matter how hard we tried to stop her.

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
i really want a dog. but have no clue what to get. and i am allergic to them. suggestions?
It would be 1 of your most loyal buddys and 1 of the best investments you have ever made Sean.Being alergic i would do some research and see which breed is best for you.How alergic are you?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
i really want a dog. but have no clue what to get. and i am allergic to them. suggestions?

X2 how allergic you are plays a big part. My mom went off the deep end when we found out I was allergic as a kid. We ended up with a Toy Poodle and a Scottish Terrier. I'm not that allergic though a 2 on a scale to 5. I've not had much trouble with any of our dogs on there then maybe shelties. I've had German shepherds/short hairs, Labs, and English Setters too.

Short hair dogs would be a good start and not limit you to much, but help your allergies. Next is one that doesn't shed like a Toy Poodle and a Scottish Terrier off the top of my head.

TPs are ok dogs if you don't given them the Poodle cut they ain't to girly. Are pretty smart too. A full size might be a option too, and they both make good guard dogs too.

ST are great little dogs. Strong and love to play they aren't lap dogs they need their space offend. Might not be the best dog if you have little kids. If they get aggravated they will bite you and they can do some damage. I still have scars from ours and my mom has one from our neighbors. Also are great dogs for pests. Ours killed anything on our property including woodchucks, skunks, and a badger too IIRC. Also very smart dogs.

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
our two goobers. Both lhasa apso's.

Theo is the black/gray one. He's 5 but has the energy, personality, and athleticism of a puppy. He is a really unique dog as far as character goes, and has many funny personality traits and mannerisms that I have never seen in any other dog. He has no problem jumping up onto the bed (3 1/2' off the ground) despite the fact that he isnt much bigger than a watermelon, and can run up and down the stairs faster than I can, even when im taking 2 or 3 steps at a time.

Chester is the tan one. He is 16 years old and mostly deaf, but still moves around the house just fine, has good eyesight/otherwise healthy and still loves going outside in the snow. He has turned into a "grumpy old man" with age and is sometimes irritable, but we still love him just the same haha.

theo-2.jpg

chester.jpg

ben

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
X2 how allergic you are plays a big part. My mom went off the deep end when we found out I was allergic as a kid. We ended up with a Toy Poodle and a Scottish Terrier. I'm not that allergic though a 2 on a scale to 5. I've not had much trouble with any of our dogs on there then maybe shelties. I've had German shepherds/short hairs, Labs, and English Setters too.

Short hair dogs would be a good start and not limit you to much, but help your allergies. Next is one that doesn't shed like a Toy Poodle and a Scottish Terrier off the top of my head.

TPs are ok dogs if you don't given them the Poodle cut they ain't to girly. Are pretty smart too. A full size might be a option too, and they both make good guard dogs too.

ST are great little dogs. Strong and love to play they aren't lap dogs they need their space offend. Might not be the best dog if you have little kids. If they get aggravated they will bite you and they can do some damage. I still have scars from ours and my mom has one from our neighbors. Also are great dogs for pests. Ours killed anything on our property including woodchucks, skunks, and a badger too IIRC. Also very smart dogs.

4 out of 5 on dogs. But when i lived at home we had a black lab, she didnt bother my allergies one bit. Poodles and scotties are supposed to be the best for people with alergies. But thats not really my style lol
I would like to get a female pit bull puppy.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

There are many hypo-allergenic dog breeds out there. The dogs with real "human hair" (not fur) that dont shed are what you would be looking for.

Mostly smaller dogs, but there are also some bigger dogs (labradoodle, poodles, etc) that fit into the category as well.

My mom is allergic to dog fur, and I used to be, which is why we got Lhasa Apso's, as they dont shed, and have hair as opposed to fur. Although in the past couple years I seem to have pretty much outgrew my allergies to dogs, im sure how/why, but for the most part I dont get the reactions that I used to when I was younger (itchy/red eyes, stuffy nose). :confused:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
4 out of 5 on dogs. But when i lived at home we had a black lab, she didnt bother my allergies one bit. Poodles and scotties are supposed to be the best for people with alergies. But thats not really my style lol
Here ya go Sean.
th
th
th

:roflmao:

Kartmnn

Oct 27, 2011
East Providence RI
My best friend and I food shopping a couple of weeks before having to be put to sleep do to cancer... Miss you!! P.S. He loved that low step in Fiero. Alot easier the the 2500...

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
heres my 5yr old pit mix he's the best freind a guy could ever ask for!

hangin out in my 87 one ton like the chevy ads say just a dog and a chevrolet you need nothing else!

attachment.php

when he goes nuts running around the only way to get him to calm down...put pitbulls and parolees on the tv.that or dog whisperer haha

attachment.php

Attachments

• pimp4.jpg
    pimp4.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 129
  • pimp.jpg
    pimp.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 130

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK

im allergic to dogs also. didn't find out till i picked up my female blue nose pit and she layed on my chest that night, and started itching really bad. after 5 months with her my allergies have almost completely gone away, maybe im just lucky. the relationship is worth it to me tho

heres Porsche, my first dog. shes almost 7 months old. very caring, sweet, fun dog. take her everywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_1952.jpg
    IMG_1952.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2133.jpg
    IMG_2133.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 40

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I finally got a chance to add to this thread. In 2010 I rescued a Lab X that was left in an apartment for over a week with no food or water. Owners bounced and when the owner of the apartment went to check on it they found Harley near death.
SPCA brought him back to health and I got him from a foster home. Best dog I have ever been around. Quiet loyal and very obedient!! They figure he was about 4 when I got him although he looks old-probably from the tough life had(he was very gunshy when I got him). Acts like a puppy sometimes though when he plays so I know he ain't that old.

Then last summer my gf wanted a little dog as her ex stole her wiener dog so I got her another rescue dog this one from Orange Grove CA - a corgie chihuahua x. Not yappy, looked like he was abused as he had sores on his legs from being hobbled and must have had a bark collar on as well as he had sores on his neck. Cute little guy and he does this weird thing with his face so he looks like he is smiling.

I wouldn't give either of them up for anything. Rescue dogs are the best IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_0912[1].jpg
    IMG_0912[1].jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0759[1].JPG
    IMG_0759[1].JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0665[1].jpg
    IMG_0665[1].jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 34

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I finally got a chance to add to this thread. In 2010 I rescued a Lab X that was left in an apartment for over a week with no food or water. Owners bounced and when the owner of the apartment went to check on it they found Harley near death.
SPCA brought him back to health and I got him from a foster home. Best dog I have ever been around. Quiet loyal and very obedient!! They figure he was about 4 when I got him although he looks old-probably from the tough life had(he was very gunshy when I got him). Acts like a puppy sometimes though when he plays so I know he ain't that old.

Then last summer my gf wanted a little dog as her ex stole her wiener dog so I got her another rescue dog this one from Orange Grove CA - a corgie chihuahua x. Not yappy, looked like he was abused as he had sores on his legs from being hobbled and must have had a bark collar on as well as he had sores on his neck. Cute little guy and he does this weird thing with his face so he looks like he is smiling.

I wouldn't give either of them up for anything. Rescue dogs are the best IMO.
They do smile.I had a buddy that had a dalmation that would smile all the time when he was happy and waging.At 1st i thought i was pissing him off and he was showing his teeth but he was just smiling lol.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
my lab is now over 14 yo, he is getting put to sleep today :(

dogs are family!

Awww. I'm gonna miss G. He was a good dog and one of the best garbage hunter's Glendale will ever have!!

Sorry to hear Slim!