does anyone make a stronger intercooler boot than ets

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
i blew a intercooler boot apart from ets on the driver side at the intercooler the stock ones dont hold up now the ets dont hold up.

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
i think the ets are 4 ply its the biggest you can get i guess. only thing i can figure its making some serious air flow. i was looking at the back of the ets boot and you can see where it was trying to force its way out but i guess it found a better route

Attachments

• lly power 004.jpg
    lly power 004.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 44
  • lly power 006.jpg
    lly power 006.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 41
  • lly power 008.jpg
    lly power 008.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

C.A.P

Feb 16, 2008
Id also look into aluminum ! I have blown a IC boot off and its a shitty deal to say the least! Cracking them like that is well ....weird ...........I did a aluminum elbow and its fine !

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
On intercooler boots? No. But I have seen it in industrial settings. Flex hoses that take up to ~500 PSI

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
On intercooler boots? No. But I have seen it in industrial settings. Flex hoses that take up to ~500 PSI

Well Ive seen flex hose up to 50 000 PSI but I didnt think it would be good to use anything besides the silcone for this particular application:dontknow:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
well i blew another boot like the big one in the pic and its a smaller charger to

Wonder if this is heat related. The drivers side is traditionally the hot side. Have any idea what the temps are exiting the compressor side? What's your boost pressure?

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
Wonder if this is heat related. The drivers side is traditionally the hot side. Have any idea what the temps are exiting the compressor side? What's your boost pressure?

boost is about 48 when it blew apart dont know about the temps on the compressor side egt only get about 1200

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Something is amiss.

I run ETS also and some cheapo Chinese ones too. 60PSIG won't hurt them. Burst is about 120PSIG.

The ultimate is flanged piping. Like your downpipe-turbo clamp, you can do all the plumbing that way, but you must solid mount the engine and rubber mount the plumbing.

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
Something is amiss.

I run ETS also and some cheapo Chinese ones too. 60PSIG won't hurt them. Burst is about 120PSIG.

The ultimate is flanged piping. Like your downpipe-turbo clamp, you can do all the plumbing that way, but you must solid mount the engine and rubber mount the plumbing.

the tubes are from banks the problem im seeing is they are blowing apart on the inside of the boots . ets says that they have seen them blow on the outside but never the inside . that is the next step is the flange deal.