dimitri blowing more stuff up

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Evan at limitless will have one shortly. I know his truck high profile, but the amount it breaks(more than any other truck I know) tells me that something is not right. The amount it costs to build a good engine means your not going to blow and try not to fix the problem, to just have happens again.

Hopefully :) If I could get Mike to give it a little wiff we would already be there. He's is out of air but I think he can make up for it with some good 60 foot times.

Who's Dmitri's or Evans blowing?

Mine sits more than it does anything so it would be tough to blow it up :baby:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Shit stick getting into pulling. :rofl: He has never been able to set up his truck for drag racing watching he try and pull a sled should be a total hoot. :roflmao:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Dmitri's have. Just saying... Most of it is because of suncoasts new clutches.

Really? Do you honestly believe him? Remind me again how many 9 second passes have either of those 2 trucks made? The CC went 9.9 once and that SC went well under 15 9 second passes. Making that Dyno spike while in one gear gives no indication of how that transmission is doing.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
:rofl: ....the nutswingers have arrived in full force. Almost time to commence with the opening ceremonies for another shit launching thread.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
i would like to see some proof behind that above statement

I'm working on the timeslip, but it's hard to prove, so I'll tell you and get the slip later.

One instance is from a local shop that pulled apart one of his transmissions, and found that the planetary gears teeth had been ground down with a grinder to make them fit together. I don't know the specifics, but heard it from their head mechanic who tore it apart.

Now more personal is a friend that had his truck built by Trent, started as a triple turbo built then went full force and did the motor, trans, etc. Since day one, it has never shifted right. It defuels between gears 1-3 like crazy. It does it worse if your at WOT (can count seconds between gears). Trent told him it's not his fault and that my friend needed a lockup box to get it to stop defueling. Installed a lockup box and the converter finally locked but the defueling because much more aggressive. Iirc he ran like an 800-900 hp tune and did 120+ in the 1/4 mile but only ran a 12.5. You can see it in more detail once I get the time slip, he picked up all his speed after the 1/8th. Before anyone says it's tuning related, he has tried everything with tuning. Shut things off in the trans that should never be shut off and it still reacts the same. we are pulling it apart this winter to see what hard part is causing it.