dimitri blowing more stuff up

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I bet the money he used to pay HSP for that remote mount kit, and the 4718 for the turbo was part of the $4500 Garrett Bonds from Durango, CO paid him to build him a transmission.... back in DECEMBER. :eek:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I just cannot imagine spending $20k on an engine/turbo/fuel combo, or $5K on a trans, just to wipe them out after a few (or even one!) run..and then do it again and again and again.
Its lunacy.

Admit it guys, you all dont have those kinds of budgets, not even if you start the old GotJuice "Ramen and H2O" diet.

Well, maybe Pat does? :hehe:

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
screw it, who cares what or how he does it??? stop being so judgmental. He's done some shady business, so don't do business with him.

He's done a hell of a job pushing limits and putting on a show. Let him keep doing it, I enjoy it myself even if I wouldn't buy a bottle of water off him. :thumb:

vern650

Mar 27, 2014
hyrum, ut
If people still need reasons why they have to stay far back when a truck is dyno-ing, just show them that video and the one from IdahoRob with the tires on that saltracer exploding.

ya, I've seen his YouTube vids so when the talk was goin around that he decided to bring the nitrous to take care of the turbo I knew there was a good chance he'd get the job done so I made sure to stand back a ways. There was a few folks right in front of the truck though, didn't take long for them to back up once she popped though.

the turbo blowing might not have been totally planned, but people were talkin about it well before he showed up so he must have figured that it was a good possibility.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
screw it, who cares what or how he does it??? stop being so judgmental. He's done some shady business, so don't do business with him.

He's done a hell of a job pushing limits and putting on a show. Let him keep doing it, I enjoy it myself even if I wouldn't buy a bottle of water off him. :thumb:

I don't care about his financial status, just don't know why he would continue to blow his stuff up all the time. You can talk about pushing the limits and all that, but if it won't make but a run or two it isn't something useful.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
It's the definition of insanity. I can see it if you are testing parts, but from what have seen, he keeps doing the same thing over and over and he expects it to stay together after he broke the exact setup the week before.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I don't care about his financial status, just don't know why he would continue to blow his stuff up all the time. You can talk about pushing the limits and all that, but if it won't make but a run or two it isn't something useful.

It's the definition of insanity. I can see it if you are testing parts, but from what have seen, he keeps doing the same thing over and over and he expects it to stay together after he broke the exact setup the week before.

FYI all that blew was the turbo. The motor was fine. Turbos blow ALL THE TIME sled pulling. That's what he is trying to get at, many know he purchased a sled puller, and this season he has been "testing" a lot of setups to see what is working and what isn't. We have to evolve somehow, and sure sled pullers probably make more power, but they aren't willing to share what's under their hood. If the guy wants to keep breaking his shit, let it be. The fact is everyone bashes him, but at an event everyone is quick to watch the entertainment.

Also I think a lot of you are quick to judge that he spends tens of thousands on his trucks, when there are others doing the same, and people lack to acknowledge that he has some awesome sponsors. He gets parts for a good deal. Many also hate his whole trans business. Are there any Allison's running 9's that he hasn't built? Just curious it's an honest question.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
FYI all that blew was the turbo. The motor was fine. Turbos blow ALL THE TIME sled pulling. That's what he is trying to get at, many know he purchased a sled puller, and this season he has been "testing" a lot of setups to see what is working and what isn't. We have to evolve somehow, and sure sled pullers probably make more power, but they aren't willing to share what's under their hood. If the guy wants to keep breaking his shit, let it be. The fact is everyone bashes him, but at an event everyone is quick to watch the entertainment.

Also I think a lot of you are quick to judge that he spends tens of thousands on his trucks, when there are others doing the same, and people lack to acknowledge that he has some awesome sponsors. He gets parts for a good deal. Many also hate his whole trans business. Are there any Allison's running 9's that he hasn't built? Just curious it's an honest question.
Evan at limitless will have one shortly. I know his truck high profile, but the amount it breaks(more than any other truck I know) tells me that something is not right. The amount it costs to build a good engine means your not going to blow and try not to fix the problem, to just have happens again.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Evan at limitless will have one shortly. I know his truck high profile, but the amount it breaks(more than any other truck I know) tells me that something is not right. The amount it costs to build a good engine means your not going to blow and try not to fix the problem, to just have happens again.

Who's Dmitri's or Evans blowing?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
What do you mean something isn't right though? He has been through a lot of motors (4 I think) in that truck but each has been pushed extremely hard haha.

4? Lol come on guy when I was still friends with him he went throught atleast 4 engines and that was 4-5 years ago

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Well he counted them. Said 1 in 2011 before dpc, one in 2012, one after he blew it up at industrial, and the latest one is still a running motor. Plus the truck has 400,000 miles.
Lol iirc he blew his stock engine a long time before that and had rebuilt it several times prior to the DPC. Obviously you believe him and me telling you the truth won't do much but he is a liar... Just like his "fuel only" passes.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Lol iirc he blew his stock engine a long time before that and had rebuilt it several times prior to the DPC. Obviously you believe him and me telling you the truth won't do much but he is a liar... Just like his "fuel only" passes.

Yea he has a hard time remembering how many he has had so it must be a lot. 1400 on fuel has been done by others as well so it is possible.

L0B6Z

Oct 19, 2013
oxford ny
I know I have no knowledge to bring to the table or probably shouldn't comment, but I think anyone can make big power for a few seconds. To have a motor live and keep running after a 1600hp run should be talked about. Not one that made it quick and blows. Yes it takes knowledge to build a motor to keep trying for more hp, but I myself am not impressed by a blown motor that "did" make such n such hp.

sled pullers have motors that make gobs of power probably mor then that and they keep running and go on to the next pull. That to me is impressive. Or 9 second passes on fuel or N2o and drive away. But im a Newby

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I know I have no knowledge to bring to the table or probably shouldn't comment, but I think anyone can make big power for a few seconds. To have a motor live and keep running after a 1600hp run should be talked about. Not one that made it quick and blows. Yes it takes knowledge to build a motor to keep trying for more hp, but I myself am not impressed by a blown motor that "did" make such n such hp.

sled pullers have motors that make gobs of power probably mor then that and they keep running and go on to the next pull. That to me is impressive. Or 9 second passes on fuel or N2o and drive away. But im a Newby

The motor didn't fail. The turbo did