dimitri blowing more stuff up

vern650

Mar 27, 2014
hyrum, ut
had a little dyno event yesterday put on by a local shop and dimitri showed up last minute. i know hes not very liked around here but at least he makes things entertaining. he hit 1640ish before the turbo let go. sorry the video looks like crap, looks fine on my phone but went to crap when i uploaded it to photobucket.

http://vid455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/vern650/Mobile Uploads/WP_20140809_002.mp4

hmmm, its tiny on here but on photobucket its bigger but blurry as crap.

vern650

Mar 27, 2014
hyrum, ut
ya, there was holes in everything, 5 or six in the hood, inner fender, boost tube, tire and about an inch and a half hole in the intake pipe that goes into the y bridge. thats all that i seen from the ground. i guess he didnt "like" his new turbo so he wanted to be rid of it. mission accomplished.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If people still need reasons why they have to stay far back when a truck is dyno-ing, just show them that video and the one from IdahoRob with the tires on that saltracer exploding.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Does he ever dyno anything that doesn't blow up? I am all for seeing big numbers, but don't see the point of a kill tune that might make one or two pulls.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
He posted a vid on Facebook, a piece of shrapnel entered the valve cover and took out and injector. Now that's how you blow a turbo

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I would just like to know where the hell do people get the mega-cubic dollars to build and destroy an engine or transmission, and then continue to do it time after time after time???? Cripes.

After a bit, wouldn't a prudent, sane person just say enough's enough?

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I would just like to know where the hell do people get the mega-cubic dollars to build and destroy an engine or transmission, and then continue to do it time after time after time???? Cripes.

X2 he only works on his stuff

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah

People want to see their products tested, and he puts them to the test lol. He wasn't planning on that turbo exploding either. James (owner) from Custom auto was telling me that they have made a run similar to that with the same turbo and had no problems.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006

Dmitri doesn't have money he uses trades, sponsored parts and other people's money

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
People want to see their products tested, and he puts them to the test lol. He wasn't planning on that turbo exploding either. James (owner) from Custom auto was telling me that they have made a run similar to that with the same turbo and had no problems.

Thats because James is much smarter than dmitri.