"Diesel bros"

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I just watched the episode online.

Good Luck to the Sponsors and the members..........one show was enough for me to watch.

Not passing any judgements, and I know its all for show and marketing, it will for sure attract the 18-26 crowd and probably turn off as many people as it attracts.

:hug:

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca

Good Luck to the Sponsors and the members..........one show was enough for me to watch.

Not passing any judgements, and I know its all for show and marketing, it will for sure attract the 18-26 crowd and probably turn off as many people as it attracts.

I'm 26 and that's not my style , but with that being said I have a clean lly for sale 100 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL

Thats all they care about anymore. Look at A&E with the show LONGMIRE, It was one of the HIGHEST rated shows on ANY network, and one of the best in ratings in over a decade, yet they dropped it because it didn't rate well with people under 40, but rated off the charts with people over 40. They said it didn't reach there target audience for there advertisers, and dropped a show that scored off the charts in ratings because of it. My thing was, don't these networks realize that people under 30 or so buy alot of gimicky tech stuff, but it's the older peopel with REAL money that spend money on the expensive stuff? All they had to do was regear there advertisers, and target the older crownd that has MORE money to spend on things. But thats how networks think, gotta attract the youngins.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Thats all they care about anymore. Look at A&E with the show LONGMIRE, It was one of the HIGHEST rated shows on ANY network, and one of the best in ratings in over a decade, yet they dropped it because it didn't rate well with people under 40, but rated off the charts with people over 40. They said it didn't reach there target audience for there advertisers, and dropped a show that scored off the charts in ratings because of it. My thing was, don't these networks realize that people under 30 or so buy alot of gimicky tech stuff, but it's the older peopel with REAL money that spend money on the expensive stuff? All they had to do was regear there advertisers, and target the older crownd that has MORE money to spend on things. But thats how networks think, gotta attract the youngins.
I'm 25 and I love longmire. Netflix bought it and continue the series.

Now how do I get my truck to smoke and lope???

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NRA223

May 20, 2015
I'm 28 and understand why our generation gets the reputation it does. The majority are lazy, ignorant people who feel everything is owed to them. Those of us who aren't that way typically get overlooked because people who do the right thing rarely get any attention.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I'm 28 and understand why our generation gets the reputation it does. The majority are lazy, ignorant people who feel everything is owed to them. Those of us who aren't that way typically get overlooked because people who do the right thing rarely get any attention.

yep

southco

Aug 29, 2014
"Diesel bros"

My .02. I don't watch tv to be technically trained, but a little more of the builds process would be nice. I'm in my late 30's and watch tv for entertainment. Novel idea I know lol. Lots of car/truck shows have inaccurate clips due to editors.

I dvr'd the show and watched it tonight. I'll keep watching until I'm no longer entertained. You can't take everything so seriously. I had a few beers and watched. I don't like rolling coal and stacks but could sit back and just laugh.... From reading I bet most wouldn't have an issue if the show title didn't include the word diesel? Only my .02....

Last edited:

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
I'm 25 and I love longmire. Netflix bought it and continue the series.

Now how do I get my truck to smoke and lope???

Another good one was that show with the us Marshall raylan gibbons can't remember the damn name all of a sudden

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Anyone hear about that family on Alaskan bush people? I guess they lied on state government paperwork saying they were residents and received money from Alaska when they weren't even residents. The whole family is up on charges. It was like 27,000 total they received from the gov.

Last edited:

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Anyone hear about that family on Alaskan bush people? I guess they lied on state government paperwork saying they were residents and received money from Alaska when they weren't even residents. The whole family is up on charges. It was like 27,000 total they received from the gov.

I caught a little of it but didn't hear anything new

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I finally just watched it too and I wasn't really impressed. I don't watch those shows expecting to really learn much but I like seeing cool technology. That willys was boring. Anyone can swap a 4bt, th400, 1 tons and leaf spring lift under a truck. I'd like to see something more custom. 4 link, coil overs and some type of modern common rail with a matching trans. My dad and I built/restored a bedlined Willys almost 10 years ago. uploadfromtaptalk1452253678912.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1452253678912.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1452253678912.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 90

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I finally just watched it too and I wasn't really impressed. I don't watch those shows expecting to really learn much but I like seeing cool technology. That willys was boring. Anyone can swap a 4bt, th400, 1 tons and leaf spring lift under a truck. I'd like to see something more custom. 4 link, coil overs and some type of modern common rail with a matching trans. My dad and I built/restored a bedlined Willys almost 10 years ago. View attachment 40850

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
On the other hand though, many shows do builds that 99% of people out there would never do, but a 4BT, leaf springs, and TH-400 IS something that a large portion of the population would do. Not defending the show as I don't like the way they spin them and add in all the drama, but it is nice that they would do a build that a large portion of the viewing audience could do. It's nice to look at exotic stuff, but if I'm goign to watch a build show, it would be nice to see a realistic build.

bubbaburger911

Jul 14, 2014
New Jersey
"Diesel bros"

I tried it again... It was actually worse than the first one. They had a big "diesel party event" and it was pretty horrible

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I saw it in the menu when I was looking for something to watch last night, I remember watching it the first time so I decided the second episode wasn't anything that was going to hold my interests.

I cannot remember when it was on last night, but an episode of overhaulin with a 67 Firebird was way better to watch that Diesel Bros and some "How is that Made" !!!.

I am not sure if the Editors are all flat brimmed 20 somethings or that is just their target market, but as Ferminator said, they don't have the $$$$$ like an older crowd has and that is missing a huge source of $$$$$$ for the show in Ad Buys.

I'll check in once a week to see if any episodes get any better.

:thumb:

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
There are so many things wrong with that show its hard to even get started. I am a pretty big fan of their builds that DONT have 6 doors.......... but the show is the worst.