Deleting factory fan?

turbhoe

researching lbz swap
Jan 8, 2011
jacksonville florida
that could actually be handy. if set up right you could use that to limit fan speed, instead of making them be on full when there on. or if you don't lke that you could make the "start on" temp and the "full on" temp in the tune match and there for give full pulse width and just drive a relay with it. electronics are cool and can be made to work the way you want. just takes some patience and research.

masternav04

Kermit
Jul 18, 2009
Clovis NM
I have the flex lite fan kit on my 05 LLY, and have towed pretty heavy (truck/trailer came in at 24,500 on last haul). The kit does good 0-70 on the highway, but seems to struggle at higher altitudes. when I see the engine temp guage start to go up, I just take my foot off the throttle

08txlmm

Mar 28, 2010
Lubbock
oh you mean it doesnt go WHOOOOAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH for the first 2 minutes of driving when you start it up cold in the morning? :D

And what causes it to do that anway? I've always wondered why mine is engaged in the mornings even when its 20 deg outside?

I think I've read this is meant to warm up the engine and transmission faster by created more drag? Maybe not though

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
i will use the factory e-fans on mine. from an 05+ 1500

I was planning to do the same, will you go for the 500W or 700W motors?
The 07+ Escalades use the 700W motors with 7 and 9 blade fans. This along with an 05 harness from a 1500 should make a clean install.
Only problem I see is to activate the two fan stages, one could be ECM controlled
by the DSP2 Output signal, the second perhaps by (ab)using the EGR valve output (assuming EGR deleted)
I wonder how powerful the LML electric fans are and if they possibly swap into the older trucks.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I was planning to do the same, will you go for the 500W or 700W motors?
The 07+ Escalades use the 700W motors with 7 and 9 blade fans. This along with an 05 harness from a 1500 should make a clean install.
Only problem I see is to activate the two fan stages, one could be ECM controlled
by the DSP2 Output signal, the second perhaps by (ab)using the EGR valve output (assuming EGR deleted)
I wonder how powerful the LML electric fans are and if they possibly swap into the older trucks.

The LML doesnt have electric fans.

Its a mechanical belt-driven fan that is actuated/engaged/disengaged/controlled with an ECM-controlled electric clutch.

masternav04

Kermit
Jul 18, 2009
Clovis NM
I have the flex lite fans from summit racing on my LLY, and there is a noticeable difference without the factory fan drag. I also tow a 48 ft goose neck, and in the summer in higher elevation my engine was trying to overheat/had to limp home. I put another fan on the front pushing air, and no more over heat issues.