LB7: Dealer says injectors not covered, pdf of tech 2 included.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
There is a rebuilder in Florida that gets $150 each with an exchange of your set.

The only thing you will get by dealer shopping is a waste of time, Unless you go and actually talk to the Tech and have him show you whats the deal. If he dosent make you feel comfortable with his explanation you need to find a tech who will take the time and give you some customer service. Now-a-days GM is all over diesel warranty claims. The only way they will just throw a set at it is if the guy knows his dealer is going out of business or he is on his way out and dosent care what happens on the back side of the deal.

I know it sucks but the warranty has to end sometime. Even with f'ed up injectors Duramax's still kill all the others.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
tell him to pour a gallon of diesel fuel in the crank and take it to the dealer:rofl:

All that gets you is a clean crankcase when you go and change your oil. Still dosent mean it failed any tests, Unless the guy is a real tool and couldnt tell the difference between a fuel and oil filter.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
All that gets you is a clean crankcase when you go and change your oil. Still dosent mean it failed any tests, Unless the guy is a real tool and couldnt tell the difference between a fuel and oil filter.

fuel in oil is automatic injector change. reguardless of you dumping it in there.

if it runs for a bit you WILL spin a bearing. ask me how i know:eek:

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
Ive towed for about 2 hours in limp mode with bad injectors it was a long trip, but i made it to the dealer the next day after i dropped the boat off. But engine would only limp while towing.

But the tech could smell the diesel fuel coming out my breather tube, it coated the whole underside of my truck and made it real clean too.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
How does a programmer negatively affect injectors anyway? I would tune the engine with EFI Live to a max fuel pressure of 155mpa. Would the tech 2 override the ECM then?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The injector opens and closes the same number of times regardless of the change in duration. Injectors failing from tuning was suspected from LB7 guys when the problem first started, but was since debunked when stock trucks were failing at the same rate.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
i lost the block and crank due to fuel in oil(cracked injectors)... and noone including GM techs on here (and diesle place) couldnt figure it out.

i got told by another person it was "ok" to run the engine with coolant/fuel in the oil :eek:

The only fluid that belongs in a crank case is engine oil, :D DUH!

:eek: No, Fuel in the oil is not a guarentee you get injectors, due to people trying to fool dealers that gets checked with proper diag.

How long and under what conditions did you run fuel in your oil for it to ruin your block and crank?:confused: