Damn Thieves

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I don't know how big the town is where you live but it might be worth calling some local pawn shops in the area and see if they have any zips that have come in and go check them out. That totally blows man, I feel your pain.

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
Man I hate that theives suck man I had two guys load a built wheelin tranny from right outside my garage...I was in the truck before they were out of sight...I don't know the statute of limitations so I'll just say we finished our little talk lol

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
What the hell is in a first aid tit that would be even worth stealing? Weird
I highly doubt it's the same individual to drive,walk,bicycle 15 miles to steal a first aid kit IMO. Thieves are thieves I guess and do the weirdest things.

I live in a decent area myself and had a vehicle stolen out of my driveway and for some reason lately I've been paranoid. This theft happened years ago and lately I've had this gut feeling about my truck (Duramax) stolen . My wife works nigts,second shift, that when she comes home at 11 PM I have here park in front of my truck blocking it in. It's a big pain in the ass having to move it when I have my truck home but it allows me to sleep better.

I installed a hidden kill switch in my Jeep as they are targets for parts . The times I've gone away in my Dually with my trailer I've been known to disconnect the big bale connector under the hood for added theft protection. It really sucks to have to live paranoid. But you have to protect the valuable items some how.

Hopefully Tom they'll bug off as it sucks to have to worry about this crap ,good luck.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
What the hell is in a first aid tit that would be even worth stealing? Weird
I highly doubt it's the same individual to drive,walk,bicycle 15 miles to steal a first aid kit IMO. Thieves are thieves I guess and do the weirdest things.

I live in a decent area myself and had a vehicle stolen out of my driveway and for some reason lately I've been paranoid. This theft happened years ago and lately I've had this gut feeling about my truck (Duramax) stolen . My wife works nigts,second shift, that when she comes home at 11 PM I have here park in front of my truck blocking it in. It's a big pain in the ass having to move it when I have my truck home but it allows me to sleep better.

I installed a hidden kill switch in my Jeep as they are targets for parts . The times I've gone away in my Dually with my trailer I've been known to disconnect the big bale connector under the hood for added theft protection. It really sucks to have to live paranoid. But you have to protect the valuable items some how.

Hopefully Tom they'll bug off as it sucks to have to worry about this crap ,good luck.

make sure you disconnect BOTH. A duramax will still start with one of them disconnected. (I wouldnt have believed it myself If I didnt see it with my own two eyes) I forget whether its the top one or bottom one that actually kills it.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Do you live or work in the ghetto lol.

You wernt able to jack his bike from him when you knocked him off it? I would have lol. I would have gave it to the cops and said heres the get-away vehicle. He'd have to go to the cops to get his ride, which is prolly stolen property to begin with.

As far as the first aid kit, thats a golden item to some of these guys. They are druggies and think there will be syringes in them.

Do you lock your doors to your truck? How are they getting in so easy?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I've never seen a first aid kit with a syringe in it.

I can't speak for Tom but I always lock my truck NOW. I use to be more lenient but given todays economy I always shut it off and lock it when going into a store even for a second,ditto at home. Sucks

maxthis

Jun 14, 2007
Southeastern, Indiana
^nice mike! Where I live everything is always unlocked, and I live under the impression that if someone wants in they are coming in...rather not have them break my window/house door/ whatever.....but my wife and I both carry and we can handle our own.

Luckily it's a rural community where everyone knows everyone and knows what everyone drives. It's kind of nice really, I can't tell you how many times a neighbor has called saying hey have you seen this car/truck cruising up and own the road...we all look out for suspicious stuff. But obviously in the city you can't really do that with all the people....my closest neighbor is probably 1/4 mile away.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
that shit sux man. its been about 6 months since my house was broke into. thieves steal the weirdest stuff too (and just the same as not taking). they got my 52" lcd, head unit to my home theatre system but not the speakers???. took my lap top and efi live but left the external hard drive and zip drive that were right next to the computer???? they didnt touch my dvd's/cd's that were right next to the tv and stereo???? they took my damn dress shoes lol.

but im sorry i had to laugh when you said you chased him down but couldnt catch him again...reminded me of Friday when they chased the kid for knocking down the trash cans. "oh you aint catchin no crack head" heheh

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
do you live or work in the ghetto lol. uh, no.

you wernt able to jack his bike from him when you knocked him off it? I would have lol. I would have gave it to the cops and said heres the get-away vehicle. He'd have to go to the cops to get his ride, which is prolly stolen property to begin with. i thought about it, but im a much better person than any thief. I left the bike at the gas station. Yes, it was obviously a stolen girl's bike. Like i said before, the lansing cops didnt care when i called 911, and after a 1/2 hour waiting for a cop car to show, i had to go to work.

as far as the first aid kit, thats a golden item to some of these guys. They are druggies and think there will be syringes in them. that makes sense. May even want the bandaids to cover the shoot-up marks.

do you lock your doors to your truck? How are they getting in so easy? truck was unlocked in my driveway, well....it was up until the other night.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
seems like every time I turn on the news 10 LPD is dealing with another shooting somewhere.

Sorry to hear about that. Were you at the speedway or Meijer on Penn/miller?

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
That sucks Tom sorry to hear that... I would bet on it being the same guy, when my truck got broke into when I was overseas they left 3 pairs of oakley's a glock 21 and my welding shit in the truck, all they took was my radar detector and my registration.

My pops gets up at about 0130 everyday and sits in garage and drinks coffee tell about 0530. He said for about 3 weeks after the break in there would be a car go buy dead slow around 0200 everyday he assumed it was the punks scoping the place. I was wishing he the punks would try something, and let a retired 33 year active duty 3 tour vietinam vet have some fun. His house is locked down tight and ready for some shit bags.

Skyhigh4by

Goin to Poochisloose
Apr 13, 2008
Powell River, BC
My friends moms truck was broken into a couple years back and she had all sorts of luggage in it. The only thing that was missing were her underwear :confused:

I cant believe they busted out a window just to steal some really big underwear.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Where I live everything is always unlocked, and I live under the impression that if someone wants in they are coming in...rather not have them break my window/house door/ whatever.....
That works in theory, but I know of at least one incident when it didn't. Several years ago, my step brother drove a Jeep Wrangler with a soft top. He always left it unlocked because he knew it wasn't very secure anyway. Well, one night when he had it parked in the parking lot of the apartment complex he lived in some low-life decided to break in and steel his stereo. The idiot apparently didn't try the door because he decided to cut the window. He cut himself in the process and bled all over the interior, so not only did my step brother's stereo get stolen but his window was cut and he had blood all over his driver's seat. :rolleyes: