Custom Duramax Engine Stand

Lq4chevy

Nov 25, 2019
I took a lot of time trying to get it sitting at the correct height. Must have been dumb luck but the balance point is spot on. I can spin the thing with one finger. I should try to upload the video of it.

The slack adjuster I used for the worm gear has a little more black lash then I would prefer. So I came up with a locking mechanism to hold it in place once I have it at the orientation I want it to be

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
very nice. only issue I see is that due to it's size and orientation and mount point it looks like it would make it difficult to sit beside it to work on the engine

Lq4chevy

Nov 25, 2019
very nice. only issue I see is that due to it's size and orientation and mount point it looks like it would make it difficult to sit beside it to work on the engine
You know that wasn't an issue at all. I completely tore down that LLY to the bare block on the stand. At not once did the stand get in the way and I'm big dude 6'4 and overloading fiberglass ladders if you get my drift!

Now Ill tell you what was a HUGE design flaw lol its to wide for a cherry picker to fit a around and not tall enough for it to go under hah. I have worked around it by using a forklift or my picking point on my 2 post. I hate to say it but setting it on the stand never came into my mind during the design process, dummy

Reactions: 2004LB7