converter with Danville 68mmstg2r

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
There is a G converter Josh. It couples right off the line. It's been around for over 4 years now.Instant power to the rear wheels.

So when people are saying they have the ML-G, they're talking about the G converter? I thought it was a generic term for a Goerend converter they got from you. Thanks.

that "G" or "ML-G" is the exact one in my truck. i agree though, i have seen others say they have a "G" yet they stall higher and dont have the same feed back about coupling as i feel or Mike would describe. When Sal was in the truck working it back and forth to get a trans fuild level reading and mike says "see! look at that f***er already trying to couple! you're gunna love it!" i dont think they but a different "G" in there :D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Assuming "Danville Efi" in your sig means you had it tuned by Mark, I would say you should talk to Mark.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you are experiencing the smoking problem at highway speeds during converter lockup, installing a different converter will do nothing to fix that. You need to be more specific with your problem when you talk to Mark.

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
What is the difference between the g converter and the r converter?

As I understand it, The "R" is in between the "G" and the "K" for stall. It still couples very aggressively. I have the "K" in my LBZ and absolutely love it. It stalls around 2600-2800 rpm for my application and horsepower, but couples very strong out of the hole. If the track is in decent shape, I can pull LOW 1.6x 60ft's weighing 7600 with out trying very hard.

The K works very well with large twin setups and singles. I would think the "G" converter from Goerend would be the cat's meow for an "R" turbo from Danville.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
As I understand it, The "R" is in between the "G" and the "K" for stall. It still couples very aggressively. I have the "K" in my LBZ and absolutely love it. It stalls around 2600-2800 rpm for my application and horsepower, but couples very strong out of the hole. If the track is in decent shape, I can pull LOW 1.6x 60ft's weighing 7600 with out trying very hard.

The K works very well with large twin setups and singles. I would think the "G" converter from Goerend would be the cat's meow for an "R" turbo from Danville.

I use a lot of Goerend C or X (billet stator version) converters....absolutely love them for amazing coupling, but on low side tcase third gear 1800-2000 is all the stall you can get, nice to have a little more for sled pulling

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I use a lot of Goerend C or X (billet stator version) converters....absolutely love them for amazing coupling, but on low side tcase third gear 1800-2000 is all the stall you can get, nice to have a little more for sled pulling

i know the G is a billet stator and im fairly sure the R and K are as well.