converter with Danville 68mmstg2r

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
I'm going to stay tuned on this as well as I can't stand the way my 1058 locks, works great for competition especially with my lockup box . But daily driving taking off from stop lights it always is way up in rpm like it's blowing power out the pipe then Bam!! It locks snuffs the turbo and your off. Im waiting for more feedback on the 1074 and whatever suncoast comes up with in the near future , sells my current teams and converter to have Evan build me one . Gotta get the converter right this time though!

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Btw I'm here in Indiana now after 10hrs and losing my tonneau cover and third brake light in 70+ winds I'm looking forward to meeting mark tomorrow and having him drive the truck with the 1058 and see if I'm just crazy.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I can't say I'm happy with my 1054 and this turbo either. Not for a Daily driver anyways. Lock up sucks when your not in it and using the cruise control this thing just smokes on the slightest grade. I hate pulling my trans lol so I'll wait and see what people say about this new converter. I just want better drivability! The 1054 is perfect if you beat on your truck though.

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
Do you guys have mike's springs in your trans? I know my converter locked pretty hard before I put his springs in. Now lockup is a lot smother and the only change I made was his springs.

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
I have the springs just drop the valve body pretty easy, didn't change lockup at all

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I can't say I'm happy with my 1054 and this turbo either. Not for a Daily driver anyways. Lock up sucks when your not in it and using the cruise control this thing just smokes on the slightest grade. I hate pulling my trans lol so I'll wait and see what people say about this new converter. I just want better drivability! The 1054 is perfect if you beat on your truck though.

We must have different 1054 or something. I love mine for DD and no matter what converter you have, once it is locked, it is locked. Pulling a grade with cruise on will not change with any converter.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
My ML-G with tight stall is fricken awesome! This sucker is damn near coupling at idle. It was a night and day difference going from the ML precision to the MLG by georend. I'm 7800lbs on 37s and 4.56 gears and even on the 600hp tune, I could blow through the ML. Now it's like having the converter locked and pulls so well before converter lock up. Only issue now is traction.

Do you know which converter you have? As far as I know, there is no actual "ML-G" converter unless you're talking about the converter that is exclusive to Mike (the K) which is way looser than what it sounds like you're talking about. I see people mention the ML-G all the time, but I doubt they are all running the K. If you look through the inspection plate on your trans and spin the motor, you should see a letter stamped into the cover. It would be nice to hear exactly which converter you have.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Do you know which converter you have? As far as I know, there is no actual "ML-G" converter unless you're talking about the converter that is exclusive to Mike (the K) which is way looser than what it sounds like you're talking about. I see people mention the ML-G all the time, but I doubt they are all running the K. If you look through the inspection plate on your trans and spin the motor, you should see a letter stamped into the cover. It would be nice to hear exactly which converter you have.

There is a G converter Josh. It couples right off the line. It's been around for over 4 years now.Instant power to the rear wheels.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
There is a G converter Josh. It couples right off the line. It's been around for over 4 years now.Instant power to the rear wheels.

So when people are saying they have the ML-G, they're talking about the G converter? I thought it was a generic term for a Goerend converter they got from you. Thanks.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Mine doesn't smoke at all pulling hills. Danville race tune and 1054 converter. I do get the occasional harsh 4th shift/lock up at the same time.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
So when people are saying they have the ML-G, they're talking about the G converter? I thought it was a generic term for a Goerend converter they got from you. Thanks.
I think a lot of people use it as a generic term.