Converter rebuild help

b_r_a_d_79

Aug 3, 2013
KY
I have a white PPE converter that I'm trying to figure out how to get rebuild while I have my trans out refreshing it. The guy that I buy my suncoast parts from asked suncoast about rebuilding it because he had thought they built PPE converters. They said that unless it had suncoast stamped in it they didn't want to mess with it. I don't see suncoast stamped on mine from an old picture I have. So my next step I contacted PPE for information on how to go about getting it rebuilt. They told me that it couldn't be rebuilt but they could sell me a new one. If I buy a new one I'll buy from suncoast. Does anyone know any information about how I could get this rebuilt. I'm not sure if this helps anyone but it has the number 51285 stamped on it.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
They've had converters built by Precision and Goerend. Either one of those companies should be able to go through it for much less money than buying a new one. What color is your converter?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
White converter is Precision Industries in Tenn.

Good Lord, how many "Precision" torque converter companies are there now and what colors do they use? That lavender one in my trans is still kicking. You did great on the design of that one. :)