Cheetah Turbo's

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Brayden, this may be a dumb question, but do you offer any sort of warranty or product support with your turbo's?

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
i have no complaints about the turbo. it is great for daily driving but will support pretty big horsepower. it is all in the tunning. i have been sled pulling and been to the track a few times and the only thing that lets me down is my tunning. i am not real good at it yet and there isnt alot of help on tunning with the cheetah's yet. there are a few of us that share tunes and its pretty nice. i did a dyno a few months ago but it wasnt a load cell. i put down 502 hp and just a little over 1000 ftlbs. this was on a terrible tune that i made my self and a junk lift pump. i think i am going to hit another dyno in a few weeks should be much better this time. i am shooting for about 570 hp

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Well that sucks , hope you get it figured out .

I just been running my can tune breaking my motor in and love the cheetah .

Only thing Ive noticed is that on my tune 2 ppe that only makes 20 psi max . After I get up to about 2600 rpm foot on floor I think the vanes are wide open and the turbo is lit and is making about 25 psi on top end . And on my tune 3 that has 26 psi max above same rpm it will keep creeping to 29-30 psi . My guess is that the sensor is telling the vanes to open up to keep boost at desired , but the turbo is lit and can keep making a little more boost still .

Im fine with it . It isnt hurting anything , and the vanes have to be wide open . But the turbo is really lit at about 2600-2800 and can still make some more boost even with vanes open .

I just bumped it to tune 7 a little bit ago and went out and ended up lining up against a H2 . I smoked his ass . And the Whoooosh out the fender well . Blew my intercooler boot out . Big tear in it on the driverside at intercooler . did notice same thing though . I was making about 37 psi and a tune the usually only makes 32 psi . Once again Im fine with it , since it is telling me the vanes are wide open but it cant stop the lit turbo from creeping some more boost out of it .

Maybe Brayden can chime in and tell me if my thought on this are correct .

Poor H2 was bummed . Big ass 12,000 lb truck just handed him his ass . :rofl:

Now I need a boot on intercooler tube in the morning . completely torn at clamp on pipe , I love it !! Sounded like a air compressor that broke a hose . I knew right when I heard it what it was . I saw threads showing at clamp and already had one on order .

Johnny

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Well that sucks , hope you get it figured out .

I just been running my can tune breaking my motor in and love the cheetah .

Only thing Ive noticed is that on my tune 2 ppe that only makes 20 psi max . After I get up to about 2600 rpm foot on floor I think the vanes are wide open and the turbo is lit and is making about 25 psi on top end . And on my tune 3 that has 26 psi max above same rpm it will keep creeping to 29-30 psi . My guess is that the sensor is telling the vanes to open up to keep boost at desired , but the turbo is lit and can keep making a little more boost still .

Im fine with it . It isnt hurting anything , and the vanes have to be wide open . But the turbo is really lit at about 2600-2800 and can still make some more boost even with vanes open .

I just bumped it to tune 7 a little bit ago and went out and ended up lining up against a H2 . I smoked his ass . And the Whoooosh out the fender well . Blew my intercooler boot out . Big tear in it on the driverside at intercooler . did notice same thing though . I was making about 37 psi and a tune the usually only makes 32 psi . Once again Im fine with it , since it is telling me the vanes are wide open but it cant stop the lit turbo from creeping some more boost out of it .

Maybe Brayden can chime in and tell me if my thought on this are correct .

Poor H2 was bummed . Big ass 12,000 lb truck just handed him his ass . :rofl:

Now I need a boot on intercooler tube in the morning . completely torn at clamp on pipe , I love it !! Sounded like a air compressor that broke a hose . I knew right when I heard it what it was . I saw threads showing at clamp and already had one on order .

Johnny

Not even for one little tiny second did you think your motor let loose??:rofl:

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Not even for one little tiny second did you think your motor let loose??:rofl:

Nahh , it was just blowing a chit load of air out the driverside fender .

I knew right away what it was , the boot already looked like crap at clamp . could see threads showing .

now it is torn all around clamp area at intercooler . POS

Now if it was a thump thump thump noise then I would have cried . :cry:

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
i see what you are saying. the cheetah has a better drive pressure to boost ratio so it is going to be easier to make boost. and with the better comp wheel you can open the vaines up alot more ( usually less boost ) and still make the commanded boost levels and decrise drive pressure

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
i see what you are saying. the cheetah has a better drive pressure to boost ratio so it is going to be easier to make boost. and with the better comp wheel you can open the vaines up alot more ( usually less boost ) and still make the commanded boost levels and decrise drive pressure

:thumb: you got it

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal

mine dosent seem to be tht way. it seems to take the smae amount of vane position through out my tune to make the boost . at least at the track it does