Cheating in work stock

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
What's the point of doing that? Where's the fun in it? If I was the tech in that Situation and you had a 3.0 charger on an otherwise street truck you'd be put in 3.0...if you didn't agree with me then the board would be notified as well as the drivers in both classes and an agreement would have to be worked out.

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
Tim were you not the one who jumped on Steve for asking if he could run work stock just joking and you said no because of dual fuelers? That's not under the mulligan rule because he could take one off for the next time... Or is it only a select few should fall under the mulligan rule? My eyes if your running work stock you should meet the rules but if you run work stock and jump you should be able to slide with some things because they are a street truck but that's only me

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I didn't jump on anybody man, a truck with a 68mm charger, duel fuelers, etc. shouldnt be in the class and since he can be in prostock, that's where he'd get placed. if he wanted to run with a shorter belt and one of the reducers that I bought for the club 2 years ago that mysteriously went missing, He absolutely could.

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
Just playing devils advocate Tim..... I think everyone knows that it happens or rather has happened in the past. If someone went to that much trouble to hide weight I wouldn't even be mad as a competitor. I would probably laugh and say "touché "

Haha

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Exactly...haha. Hence why I made the comment earlier that when Shawn told me the history of the truck and what he's tried with it in the past I was like "That's F-in awesome"

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
As Tim said I think we all need to keep in mind what the "intent" of the rules are. Is it nice to win "prize money" why yes it is. Does anyone give a rats a## about $100 winnings after pulling a $30k diesel truck? Probably not...I think most people do this for the fun. It would be very difficult for the club to properly tech every truck. And if each truck was properly tech'd, I mean really tech'd.....we wouldnt have anyone left to pull workstock. Maybe that is not the case but I am not sure.

Low366Dmax

Pin it to win it
Aug 23, 2013
NH
Fackin pin it to win it! If you can cheatem to beatem and get away with it the more power too ya! I say we give out prize money to the best cheater.

Sent from my iPhone

duramax05blk

Mar 16, 2012
Does a car seat and plow frame count as hanging/hiding weigh in ws class?

I deff think there is a few people living in glass houses and hucking boulders in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Excuse my grammar the iPhone makes me iStupid!

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
As Tim said I think we all need to keep in mind what the "intent" of the rules are. Is it nice to win "prize money" why yes it is. Does anyone give a rats a## about $100 winnings after pulling a $30k diesel truck? Probably not...I think most people do this for the fun. It would be very difficult for the club to properly tech every truck. And if each truck was properly tech'd, I mean really tech'd.....we wouldnt have anyone left to pull workstock

I definitely do not pull for the money. I pull becuase i like competition and and try to build as much of the truck as possibly by hand and run the truck all out for everything its got but its nice to get some $$$ back to fill the tank or put back towards the truck though. I saw a comment on Facebook the other day that one of the superstock gas guys made to one of the 3.0 guys out here about traveling down south to find better tracks and better competition basically saying "oh and how much money did you make when you were down there" which made my laugh because this guy obviously doesn't pull for money when they pay $180 to win out here and he built a ground up 3.0 ODL truck.

I could take my DD and put a good set of tires and suspension stops back on it and be 100% no grey areas straight black and white workstock legal for the club we're talking about and run right up there with Derek and Doug

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
Wow who would have thought asking a question about people cheating in a class would get some people all worked up... And Dylan as to your comment about having no trucks left if they tech'd trucks the way they should you would be surprised how many would be left that are not cheating or bending the rules. I know me and my brother are good but then again we have been doing it so long we have respect for the clubs and competitors in the class.

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
Im just sitting back enjoying the show :)

I really didnt mean that comment towards you Derek.....I know you and your brother follow the rules, I have never had a problem with that. But I do think that several others are.

I didnt mean my comment to be a shot at anyone, just simply that if the trucks were all gone over with a fine tooth comb it would either a)take far longer than reasonable to tech them or b)No trucks would be left to pull cause they dont pass.

The actual time allotted for tech and weigh in is never enough. Seems like there is hardly enough time to get on the scale let alone checking everything over. At least that has been my experience.

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
Would if we had a "peer review" process. Everyone in each respective class would get a say and be able to speak there peace. "Billy Bob has 4 cp3's!!" Oh and Johnny John has 105mm charger!"

Everyone knows what everyone's doing in the truck pull world.

Maybe it would work?:cool2:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Would if we had a "peer review" process. Everyone in each respective class would get a say and be able to speak there peace. "Billy Bob has 4 cp3's!!" Oh and Johnny John has 105mm charger!"

Everyone knows what everyone's doing in the truck pull world.

Maybe it would work?:cool2:

I think it would help if there was a reasonable suspicion. Say I pull up to run workstock and someone has seen a thread about my truck. It would be reasonable to make me pull my mouthpiece and check it. At the same time it could lead to far more witch hunting lol. I've personally heard people talk about Dereks modded cp3 and injectors etc. When in all reality I know everything done to the truck and the turbo and fuel system are all direct from the general.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I called it "witch hunting" because that's what it was. Derek and Doug have been beating everyone for the last 2 years and Cody comes along in a nicely put together duramax that has a history of beating everyone in the past and all of a sudden the kid's got a bad rep not only amongst his peers but also in the announcer's booth, lol. He did well in the first couple pulls of the season with big electronic issues and limiters kicking in and people got scared. He had a 385' pull at the end of the night in Cummington for logging purposes and the next pull it was looked over by Chris and Ralph...only to have the limiters kick in again and had a less than desirable hook. My point is that he's been fighting issues all season, been down about 100hp at every hook and he was getting too close for comfort it seems....Then when I mentioned something about it to you, Derek- about how you didn't seem worried about the rest of the class running weight brackets out front, solid blocks, and s366 turbos- your response was, "Have you seen them pull? They don't have anything to be worried about!"

Those were your words....verbatim...now do you think I called it what it really was? I think so.

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
Tim I'm in no way scared of the truck you can call it what you want but it was no "witch hunt" I've seen that truck go down the track blocked solid more times than I can count but hey you believe what you want. Go ahead and say what you want I'm playing by the rules not getting cought cheating twice this year!!! But I'll say it again we were not out for Cody it was for the ct guys who run blocked solid and have weights up front.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
It does have caltracs on it...on the scales we've had to adjust them because on a perfectly level surface it changes the travel drastically with some preload on the bars...but you've seen us doing that so you would know anyhow. And come on, lol, he's been to what, 7 pulls so far with it? more times than you can count? :eek:

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
I feel that teching of the diesels had to be done that night. These guys were entering a workstock class points pull put on by an established club not some bs turd pull that Marvin is running that pays out a ribbon for 1st-3rd place. Hopefully 1 day Marvin's sled will light on fire and burn to the ground. He is single handedly holding back the progress of the pulls in ct when he charges $500 a weekend for him and his sled and his retarded class rules from 1980