Casper's Next Adventure in HorsePowerLand

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
is the record suppose to be how fast you get there or is it just top speed or both?

what can we do to help you out Pat? need info?

will casper have any limiters that need to be removed or is it just the speed limiter in EFI that is disabled

How fast has casper been so far?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Casper has been 175mph on a dyno IIRC, but only 130.4mph measured on a course.

Yes, it's easier to start with a 2wd minitruck like everyone else is running, but what fun would that be?

Records are set at El Mirage by going from a standing stop, and accelerating toward the traps that are 1.3 miles away. Your speed is your trap speed.

It's on dirt, and it's normally 5000' DA, so 150 mph on asphault is not 150 mph at El Mirage.

Bonneville has two courses, a short course, and a long course. It's "sustained MPH" after a given runup distance if I understand it correctly. And to set a record, you must go in the opposite direction the same day without working on your racer. Many folk have had everything in place to set a record, and went back empty handed. But I've never been to Bonneville.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Casper has been 175mph on a dyno IIRC, but only 130.4mph measured on a course.

Yes, it's easier to start with a 2wd minitruck like everyone else is running, but what fun would that be?

Records are set at El Mirage by going from a standing stop, and accelerating toward the traps that are 1.3 miles away. Your speed is your trap speed.

It's on dirt, and it's normally 5000' DA, so 150 mph on asphault is not 150 mph at El Mirage.

Bonneville has two courses, a short course, and a long course. It's "sustained MPH" after a given runup distance if I understand it correctly. And to set a record, you must go in the opposite direction the same day without working on your racer. Many folk have had everything in place to set a record, and went back empty handed. But I've never been to Bonneville.

I hope you do it! And I agree that minitruck is not the same as doing it in Casper

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
is the record suppose to be how fast you get there or is it just top speed or both?

what can we do to help you out Pat? need info?

will casper have any limiters that need to be removed or is it just the speed limiter in EFI that is disabled

How fast has casper been so far?

Buy more parts and T-shirts!!:D

Oilfield_Mafia

Im the ONLY Okie..
Jun 8, 2008
Worlds Highest Hill
I will definately support this goal pat.. I am a newbie here at your site, and want to learn as much as I can.. and I think its an awesome goal you have set .. I hope to see Casper in the record books .. I'll take a few of them there shirts and i guess an efi live.. even tho i dont have my trans yet.. lol where do I pay for this stuff?

05DMAX1520

Jun 20, 2008
yea i also want to buy some t-shirts and an efi live but i have to wait to the first of august my bday is the 2 so i will be ordering one around that time.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I forgot! We already have a good portion of that safty equip, for our Pro-Mod ! I'll see if dad is interested in parting with any of it. Stuff certed for low 6.00's drag passes!

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
I don't recall needing any of that stuff when entering the Autobahn :D:D

But on the Saltflats you won't have someone flashing their high beams in your mirror so that they can pass...(you on your motorcycle doing 130+MPH...:eek:)

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
you will have to pst up when you are going to run i'm sure it will take a while to get going, i live in slc i would def. come watch, and have a shop with a hoist and plenty of tools if needed :D , i'll run some mcratt stickers on my truck . i'm in the market for a lift pump also do you just carry the ppe ?