Casper's Next Adventure in HorsePowerLand

ROGUE GTS

Apr 30, 2008
Just wait till you buy the LSR tires and you have to sign a release waiver before they will ship them. :D

Traction, traction, traction... the salt makes a wet concrete road feel like it's an NHRA preped strip.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Just wait till you buy the LSR tires and you have to sign a release waiver before they will ship them. :D

Traction, traction, traction... the salt makes a wet concrete road feel like it's an NHRA preped strip.

$780 ea for the 200+ MPH tires and they don't have a mileage warranty. :eek:

We are going to start with "W" rated street tires which are approved up to 200 mph. We won't go faster than 150mph at first. It will probably take a year or two to get to 200 mph. Our aerodynamics are poor.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
you pat are a fcking maniac and i love it. good luck, i have stickers and ordered shirts:hug:

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Been on vacation, first I have seen this thread. Pat you will make it. Good luck and if you keep us informed I will do my best to get out for your rooting section. Steve

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
130mph. (on a road atleast) hahaha that can be done on a stock truck with some programming. Much over 150mph could be a little more of a challenge. A 6 speed trans may help that.

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
Been 120 in mine, with my Hypercrap. That was plenty fast for my stock tires and a country road. Not to mention one deer and bye bye truck.:eek:

Good luck pat. Fastest I have ever been was in a Z-28 Camaro..135mph. Man I miss that car.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
:(:(:( havent gotten to drive the pro-mod, thats good for well past 200mph and just over 6sec:eek::D....:(

Crew Chief gets all the work without the benifit of driving :(

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Pat here ya an avatar, best i could do with ms paint lol...

gocaspergo.jpg

ROGUE GTS

Apr 30, 2008
$780 ea for the 200+ MPH tires and they don't have a mileage warranty. :eek:

We are going to start with "W" rated street tires which are approved up to 200 mph. We won't go faster than 150mph at first. It will probably take a year or two to get to 200 mph. Our aerodynamics are poor.

No mileage warranty, not legal for anything other than the salt, you (and anyone else who will drive the car with those tires on it) have to sign a release of liability, etc. For $780 I think those tires are rated for something like 350mph... at least the ones I looked at were. :D

If you really want the salt tires start looking for them a year or so in advance. It's not a regularly stocked item by most mfg's and they only make them once every year or so, if that.

You might hit up Mike Lefevers http://www.mitechengines.com/ he's local and knows a thing or two about going fast on the salt. He's building a nasty motor for a friend that will hopefully run 300.00001mph in a fully street legal car. :secret:

Jerod Jardine

Vendor Status on HOLD
May 6, 2008
The salt flats are bitchen. I like all the safty rules, it keeps the rif raff away. It takes a serios effort to go there. It aint cheap. the spall 6.0 team deserves credit. It takes some power to make a brick go 200+. Transporters are lame. It's all about blue tarps, craftsman tools and barefoot kids, it's old school. ;) Oh yeah, wide tire create lift. Make sure you add some big studs to add weight. Center of gravity over center of presure.

Last edited:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
From what I have read it's going to be one sport that will be less of a hassle with one vehicle and 2 drivers :fluffy: