Casper goes 193.x in 3 mile 197.x @ 2 1/4

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Do they not have a motorgrader grade the track? Was the camera really bouncing?

They use some kind of grader not sure which kind though. Yes, you can tell with the better camera from last year in this video. This camera broke right as we where putting it in the truck that morning. This was mounted on the camera mount on the rollbar. The other camera I put on the rollbar mount shut off :(

[YOUTUBE]_J0CQN5vV0g[/YOUTUBE]

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
I've never seen them grade the track. The only thing I've ever seen them use was a U-haul truck dragging a weird beam type thing with weight on it. Last year and the year before were real bad from what I saw/heard. They did some dragging but supposedly weren't using weight on it for some reason. I thought the salt was pretty decent this year.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Wow, That first vid was cool. It gave a perspective i'll never see.

Just looked like a great enviroment to go fast and looked like you could go forever. The Clouds on the Horizon were awesome.

Congrats again McSwains!

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Found a picture :D

Wow, they want 10,000 dollars worth of safety gear because they don't want to maintain the salt. :rofl:

Right on Simon, GPS navagated.

I now know what all the bumps are, when the salt piles up, the beams lift over the heap of salt.

Bumps to order, no sleeping guaranteed. :D

That's pretty good Kat. Thanks.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The camera mount on the rollcage wasn't very good, plus the rollcage is welded to the frame. And the tires I run are 90 PSI. So there is a whole lot of shakin' going on.

The track is actually fairly smooth, but not even concrete freeways feel smooth at 150+ mph.

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Just rolling slowely those tires you run now sound wierd like hollow watermelons or that wierd sound a over inflated truck tube makes when you slap on one when you have it in swimming pool . Wierd sound , dont know how to describe it better than that .

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
The camera mount on the rollcage wasn't very good, plus the rollcage is welded to the frame. And the tires I run are 90 PSI. So there is a whole lot of shakin' going on.

The track is actually fairly smooth, but not even concrete freeways feel smooth at 150+ mph.

It got the job done :hug:

Attachments

• IMG_1510 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_1510 [1024x768].JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 60

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
I didn't mean anything other than I would have thought the salt would have been damn smooth.

I see though, pretty rigid.

Why is the trials carried out at the salt lake vs. a long hi-way?

Last edited:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
What happened to Casper...what hurt him from running again???

We don't know yet, it still runs, but something is wrong. Pat, Robert, and Johnny worked for two months straight getting everything ready to go to Bonneville, and they are taking a few days off before going back at it.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
We don't know yet, it still runs, but something is wrong. Pat, Robert, and Johnny worked for two months straight getting everything ready to go to Bonneville, and they are taking a few days off before going back at it.

I dont blame them

Im very proud of you all:hug: You are learning alot and doing great!

Sorry about the carnage,Hopefully nothing to seroius or expensive

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
My whole life is serious and expensive. :D

There were a total of 6 Diesel Racers at Bonneville this year:

Mormon Missile B/DS streamliner 340 peak
Casper A/DT truck 197 peak
ProjectX D/DT truck 193 peak
Swamp Witch E/DS streamliner 156 peak