can't get 5sp lockup controller to work

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Just curious Ben do you by chance have a test stand for these boxes to test them ?

Yes, I test all of them. I have a bench setup complete with TCC solenoids to make sure they are working properly before I send them out. Basically all of the internal components are solid-state and hard-mounted onto the main circuit board; there are no "wires" or "connections" inside the box....so internally they are pretty durable as far as getting knocked around and banged up.

Very rarely do I get a "returned" module back that has had an actual internal component failure. 95% of the time its a loose connection or wire that got pinched during the install, or a pin that worked its way out of the harness.

[email protected]

cmitchell17
Sep 8, 2008
When I try to make it inhibit reverse it always seems to do it after a shutdown whenever I have forgot about it then I go to put it in reverse it gives me range shift inhibited.

It will immediately inhibit reverse if I just unplug the harness on the lockup box, which I guess makes sense becuase you have just open the circuit on the brown tcm wire.

After looking at the soldered connector, the solder did not melt all they way like the others, and becuase I completely cut the blue tcm wire to join the red along with the other side of the blue tcm wire that is where my connection is probably bad. When I get a chance maybe later today I will redo it. I just cant see the actuall pin connection being bad as a rember seating the pins in and put the heat shrink over it, and the harness at the box looks fine too except for when I got it the red wire seemed to have a little hole in the insulation which I covered with some electrical tape so I will check that also.