Built Engines ready to ship

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I know tuning has come a long way, but still think your truck is special. You think a stock motor can handle 650 safely?

Yea I know it is not advised but I would rather risk ruining a $1500 stock short block than spending $10,000 on a built short block I would never take advantage of. I've been just shy of 700 wheel horse almost the entire 2014 year with zero issues. Although I do run at big single. My power doesn't come on till 2700+ rpm.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
It's been done many times before. Some hold together for bit some don't.
Mine didn't hold, blew up in 9 days with 60's and DP VGT72 on a single stock pump
:eek:

Yea I know it is not advised but I would rather risk ruining a $1500 stock short block than spending $10,000 on a built short block I would never take advantage of. I've been just shy of 700 wheel horse almost the entire 2014 year with zero issues. Although I do run at big single. My power doesn't come on till 2700+ rpm.

For 650-700 horse, I wouldn't even consider a built motor until I was picking up broken engine parts off the road.

I h8 U
In a jealous, envious way
:angel:
:hug:

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
I agree with Mike 100%. I wouldn't waste money on a built motor for 650-700hp. I ran compounds on my LMM for quite awhile before any issues. You can r&r stockers 3 times before you get the cost of a built motor. Also just because your motor is built does not mean you are not going to have any problems. High horsepower trucks are not immune to failure. If you have plenty of money build it.

A. Stock Lbz

Aug 13, 2013
spokane wa
I agree with Mike 100%. I wouldn't waste money on a built motor for 650-700hp. I ran compounds on my LMM for quite awhile before any issues. You can r&r stockers 3 times before you get the cost of a built motor. Also just because your motor is built does not mean you are not going to have any problems. High horsepower trucks are not immune to failure. If you have plenty of money build it.

and i agree with you. lots of power can bring lots of other drivetrain problems that you dont think of until stuff starts to break.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
this is what im going to do. s475 over stock, 40% injectors dual pumps and somewhat of a conservative tune and start the rod bending process :D

I said the same thing...the rod being part anyways. It never happened and my truck is still going strong a year later :spit:

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
i dont know if im going to be as lucky with the twins. your definantely have a advantage with the power not coming in until the upper rpms

I ran s366 billet /s480 billet with 80% sticks held great. Have a good tuner keep your torque down and dont overspin the motor. Stock sticks stock fuel will last quite awhile.

A. Stock Lbz

Aug 13, 2013
spokane wa
I ran s366 billet /s480 billet with 80% sticks held great. Have a good tuner keep your torque down and dont overspin the motor. Stock sticks stock fuel will last quite awhile.

Rob does my tuning and i already talked to him about it. i just want a 11 sec pass out of my tow truck on the stock motor to shut up a few cummins guys around me.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Not really tuning plays a huge part, but I would give it a slight edge. You have to ask yourself if you want to drive something thats a dog under 2500+ rpms.

Chanzilla

Feb 15, 2013
San Antonio
I wonder how this has worked for atp trucks. It's a great idea and so practical to keep in stock because it seems motor builds keep trucks down for a while.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Its been working very well! its nice to be able to get someone an engine very very quick to get the truck back on the road vs having to wait 8-12 weeks to have one built.

DMAXBubba

Jan 21, 2015
Reidsville, NC
What's the options and prices on something that's a good replacement over stock. I bought one of my old trucks back and has one or more cracked pistons.