Brett Deutsch's current motor finally on the engine dyno!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I'm glad this ended up a relatively happy story. Got scared there for a bit that the diesel-hyenas had destroyed another good person.
More good people are what we need.

Go get em, Brett. :thumb:

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Wagler built me a motor to try out for the 2016 season. I didn't want to just put it in the truck and have Mark try and tune it so Mark put it on his engine dyno. Mark ran it twice with the same tuning and fuel as my old motor. The Wagler motor was lower on power then my old engine. Witch wasn't a big deal because Mark just figured it needed to be fine tuned because stroke and bore was different. Mark added a little timing and power started to come up. He made one run like this. Then he added a little more timing and went to make another run and that's when we had a problem with the fuel rail pressure sensor. From the data that Mark collected off those 4 runs he didn't fell comfortable pushing the engine any harder. It's not his engine and I trust his judgement when it comes to tuning.

The engine had a small coolant and oil leak so we took it off the engine dyno and I brought it back to Jeremy's. After talking with Jeremy we decided it was best if Jeremy did the testing first hand on this motor. So Jeremy has the motor in his shop truck and is currently beating the hell out of it.

In the mean time Jeremy has built me another motor for the 2016 season. The new built consist of the new billet Callies crankshaft, Wagler steel billet rods and Wisco forged pistons.

The truck is at HSP getting a new turbo kit built. Bullseye Power and Danville Performance sponsored some new turbo's. I'm going to be running Wagler's street intake on the new motor. Once HSP gets done with everything I will be bringing the new motor and turbo kit to Danville so Mark can run it on the engine dyno and break it in and dial the tuning in with the new Exergy fuel system.

Once again Thank you to all my sponsors!!

Can't wait to get this thing out and give Ryan Milliken a run for his money!

Also Thanks Guys for looking out for me and all the support you give!
So will there be a back to back comparison to see the difference. And if not how will you know which is better?

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
I'm glad this ended up a relatively happy story. Got scared there for a bit that the diesel-hyenas had destroyed another good person.
More good people are what we need.

Go get em, Brett. :thumb:

Thanks Tom!!

So will there be a back to back comparison to see the difference. And if not how will you know which is better?

We're about out of time to do anymore testing. I've already missed one big race I wanted to make it to. There's still a lot of work that needs to be done before the next race I want to make.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
HSP has the American and Canadian Flag's flying in their shop. The Canadian flag is for FarmerDave and DieselmafiaLLY. DieselmafiaLLY hung it in their shop as a joke. I didn't realize it was in the picture until I looked at it later. Maybe Dave Burton can get one with the American flag in the refection. LOL

LMAO!!

I'm surprised Cervi didn't hang bacon flags from the ceiling as that's all he talk about. LOL

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Those wiseco pistons are Ngm diesels bowl design. You will like them!

What makes you say that? Looks A LOT like my forged pistons bowl from SoCal too....and I thought NGM pushed a large open bowl with only a 1/4" lip around the outside of the bowl?? Did you CC Brett's pistons while you were at Wagler's shop to verify its your piston bowl exactly? That radius could be slightly different, or a few little things could be different. Just curious since you couldn't resist adding they were your design.

Ron burgundy

He's a legend
Dec 17, 2015
Ontario, Canada
You were there to write the contract with them? Wiseco has been manufacturing quality forged Pistons for years... Because there bowl design maybe similar doesn't mean you have to de-rail this with meaningless bs. The tread is about Brett's engine not wiseco's contracts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk