Bought a Sierra as Donortruck - now he stay

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Thank you for the tags and my apologies on the delay, I was pretty sick last week with some weird cold/flu (not COVID) that had me drained of energy last week. Good news is I lost 8# so that's a win!

I have not shipped to Germany but I have shipped packages to Sweden so it can't be that hard. I would just have to declare what the package is. I believe the recipient is responsible for any import fees as long as it is shipped that way but I would have to double check. 100% doable tho.

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
Thank you for the tags and my apologies on the delay, I was pretty sick last week with some weird cold/flu (not COVID) that had me drained of energy last week. Good news is I lost 8# so that's a win!

I have not shipped to Germany but I have shipped packages to Sweden so it can't be that hard. I would just have to declare what the package is. I believe the recipient is responsible for any import fees as long as it is shipped that way but I would have to double check. 100% doable tho.
Its all ok, there is no real delay. Healthy is more important. Its correct i am responsible for the import fees and taxes. They be always fast on that here. The shipment company contact me if i want their service or done all myself. I have now expierence in that after 3 years importing everything for our other chevy project ...

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Its all ok, there is no real delay. Healthy is more important. Its correct i am responsible for the import fees and taxes. They be always fast on that here. The shipment company contact me if i want their service or done all myself. I have now expierence in that after 3 years importing everything for our other chevy project ...
Sounds good, so it sounds like I simply would ship it like a normal UPS package and any fees etc would be handled once it lands on your end.

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
Sounds good, so it sounds like I simply would ship it like a normal UPS package and any fees etc would be handled once it lands on your end.
yes you only have to ship international what means you have to declare the parts for import (what type of part and the price) as this is necessary for the authorities to calculate the taxes and import duties

Reactions: Bdsankey

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
We decide we will open the engine against the advice of the engine builder and at least check the valve gaskets and all wear parts in the upper area. Depending on what we find, it may be fine or we may have to consider a complete overhaul. There are only a few steps left to get to the upper part of the engine. It would be foolish not to check here. I have asked two other engine builders here in my area. Both of them only disassembly the engine for overhaul. They also say if you have no problems then leave it closed. If the engine could be removed quickly and disassembly wasn't so time-consuming, I would certainly agree. I'm sure Murphy's Law will kick in if I don't do it.
You need to be patient if you want see what condition we find as the Engine will be the last we touch. First we will go on with the front axle.

I like to hear you recommondations for this
The usual around i have in my mind like gaskets, lifters, ARP Studs, maybe ventils grinding
I rule out a warped or cracked cylinder head for the time being.
The planning of a cylinder head may entail further steps. I once had the pleasure of having to overhaul a warped cylinder head on a 4-cylinder gasoline engine of my Volvo 745 16V...
All this want i give to the enginebuilder as it is timeconsuming - anyway now we do it ourself and the money we spare will go in tuning.

The Rebuild of our 6.2 Dieselengine by the enginebuilder with all recommondated improvements was complete bill 15382 Euro. 10882 for all parts (only block used, all other new) and 4500 Euro for wage. The Duramax build had taken more wage as it is much more work on disambling.
All said it was very expensive but we only take high quality pistons, bearings, gaskets and the special wish for ARP Studs, Main stud girdle, Valve cover girdle, Serpentinenbelt with 2 alternators (Military Truck), Fluiddamper, High Volume Oilpump, Balance Waterpump... a lot of expensive Parts - but we want this and the costs was ok for us. The Enginebuilder does a great job.

The same will be with the Duramax. I may wait some months longer but at the end i have a renew, reliable engine. First intention was driving until the first failure but this is not our way to handle a Vehicle for daily use.

Reactions: 1FastBrick