Bought a new pistol today

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It's my first plastic pistol, but I picked up a Sig P290. It's a sub-compact 9mm. I've always liked Sig's products, and this seemed like a really good deal. It came with a short magazine and an extended magazine, a holster, a laser that attaches in front of the trigger guard, and a nice storage case all for $500. Here's a pic of what it looks like.

P290_1.jpg

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Very nice Josh. I am glad I have a fellow gun enthusiast near an Academy store :hug:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Good choice sigs are good guns well one of the best if not the best handguns imo..
I have always thought a lot of Sigs. I've always wanted to own one.

How do you hold it. Looks like only 2 fingers can go around the grip. Are you a midget. Lol
It comes with two magazines, one long and one short, and the short magazine comes with a flush base plate (shown in the picture) and a slightly extended magazine. With the longer base on the short magazine, I can fully fit my trigger finger, middle finger, and ring finger on the grip, but my pinky is left hanging. With the short base on the short mag, the grip only catches about half of my ring finger. If I use the extended magazine, I can fit all my fingers on the grip. I shot it today, and I don't have a problem shooting it with either of the magazines. I was surprised how little it recoiled with the +P 135 gr rounds I fed through it.

You have your CHL? Good size to carry
I don't have it right now, but now that I have a pistol I can conceal, I'm considering getting it.
How does it compare, in size, to the Ruger LCR or LC9? Or the Kahr CM/PM9?

How are you planning to carry it? Pocket? IWB? Ankle?
It will easily fit in my pocket, but I'm not sure yet how I will carry it if I get a concealed carry. As for your other questions, here are some pictures that may help you.

Ruger-LC9-Sig-P290-Kimber-Solo.jpg

Sig_fingersPM9.jpg

Very nice Josh. I am glad I have a fellow gun enthusiast near an Academy store :hug:
That's where this one came from too :D :thumb:

How's that O/U treating you?

guytonLBZ

Apr 15, 2010
nice choice but too tiny for me. im still waiting on a M&P shield but i really do like my Glock G27

guytonLBZ

Apr 15, 2010
Why are you waiting? On order?

I just picked up an M&P Shield 40 a couple weeks ago, no wait time.

i envy you so bad its not funny. theres jus no shields in 40 or 9 around here at all. im on waiting lists and call lists on 3 different stores and im still waiting:(