Bought a dodge

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
Way to rain on someone's new purchase parade, way to go!

Im not trying to rain on his parade, just provided info of things of which need to be adressed in a dodge. i love 12 valves; they are pretty simple but crude at the same time. we put one in my brother's 99 chevy crewcab, its got twins(70 psi boost), big 5x.16 injectors, full cut delivery valves, built tranny and a zex nitrous kit. my dmax will kill it without nitrous:happy2:

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
Sounds cool.:cool2:

Just don't post a "How Can I Make My Truck Smoke More" thread.:mad:

Many will suggest 5gal of gas and a book of matches... :D

Can't say that I'm a big fan of the black smoke to begin with so I am all set there. I don't think the truck will last long with me. I will get tired of it and move on to something else. It's got a clutch from ATS in it right now so it is pretty much ready to hit the strip and kick some ass. :rolleyes:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Seriously, most the members here are hardcore Dmax enthusiasts, but they are also often hotrodders to the bone. While we love our Dmaxes, we can appreciate HP in many forms.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Unless it's ricers then that would make u gay

i would drive a Geo metro if it was fast enough :rofl:

, i have no preference on method or vehicle IMOP its to each his own . i just love anything fast or built with quality and craftsmanship . I have a buddy with a very nice supra and even thopugh my truck is faster it is a very sweet ride and quite fun too drive .

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
That goes without saying. :D

However, I was doing work for Dodge Racing and their 7 second SRT-4 Neon, and you gotta give them some serious credit for getting 1200HP out of a 2.4 L production engine.

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
Is this better? Got more but this is the better of them. The close ups are really bad.

DSCF1004.jpg

Man when I pull dodges I use a longer chain so when the brakes go they have more time to not hit your bumper:rofl::hello: Enjoy the new purchase, I have many buddies with them and yes they are a fun truck to tinker with

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
ATS makes clutches?

Not sure if they make it but they sell it. The guy I bought it from got bent over to the tune of $1,150 for a single disk Feramic with a flywheel.

It's all about building something or at least making it your own. Doesn't even have to be fast or make huge power. I have no clue where this will go but I am almost positive that it will include broken parts and doing things several times before I am happy. I got to drive it tonight for the first time and it's a heavy fat turd of a dog. No doubt in my mind these trucks were made to work and pull. When I pulled it in the driveway I could hear the D-max chuckle a little. There is an HT60 and an HX40 sitting here waiting to be installed. All free by the way. Guess we will have to see how it turns out.

Phil

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
Sold it. Some one wanted it more than me. Fun truck to work on but in general they are a piece of shit. Rides like crap, loud and they are rust buckets. Made it smoke and sent it down the road. Got to drive it for 2 weeks and I got sick of it. This is how it looked the day it went. 3 hours with this thing on the trailer.

DSCF1029.jpg

DSCF1031.jpg

Phil

Last edited: